Interesting New Helmet Design

Yeah similar but different. A UK Govt funded Testing and Regulatory Authority. Some contention of their methodology but in essence still a valid indicator. Some of the Snell, DOT etc are supposedly too focused on penetration resistance of the shell rather than impact absorbtion.

There was a bun fight when some of the more expensive Shoei and Arai model helmets did not score as well as some of their cheaper lines of the same brand and some real cheap brands scored highly.

The website and helmet rating/comparison of a few hundred models from many worldwide as well as just Euro market brands is well worth a look though. Good backlog to allow comparison of old models to new as well.

SHARP Helmets - THE HELMET SAFETY SCHEME

I used to enter from the rear, but that was when I was much younger!:roll::roll::roll:
I still enter from the rear on occasion using proper lube evidently and if short of that I have some DANA SPICER heavy grease for R3 final drive that can be used in emergency situation:eek::eek:

You deserve trouble after rear entry of "The Pope"! :eek: :roll: :p

Last edited:
:(:( One of the other youtube vids was by a European tester who after 10 uses found a 2cm crack where the helmet clips together. The Brand rep said it was a prototype WTF :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Back