Inexpensive Starter Replacement

Mine is not a plug it's threaded with a nut on it.
Yep, here is an example of the original breed.

1624240292383.png

1624240261456.png

1624240217988.png

1624240167572.png

1624240198989.png

Last edited:
Pulled the starter and it all makes sense now, I removed the front cover, nose cone, gear reduction or whatever you call it to put on the new starter when it arrives Wednesday. I like to be as prepared as possible and sometimes I get way ahead of myself. I didn't know pulling the starter would be so easy, if the new one was here I would be going for a ride already.

Nose cone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i was sure u would b good once u could see the starter.
u r half way and doing good.

Pulled the starter and it all makes sense now, I removed the front cover, nose cone, gear reduction or whatever you call it to put on the new starter when it arrives Wednesday. I like to be as prepared as possible and sometimes I get way ahead of myself. I didn't know pulling the starter would be so easy, if the new one was here I would be going for a ride already.

Nose cone.jpg
Looks like it
needs some cleaning spray and moly grease. I installed a new Lithium 780 cranking amps today. Now the motor pins. The Yuasa is not just powerful enough. It was pricy but getting stuck is worse.

Last edited:
Looks like ti needs some cleaning spray and moly grease. I installed a new Lithium 780 cranking amps today. Now the motor pins. The Yuasa is not just powerful enough. It was pricy but getting stuck is worse.
It's going to get greased for sure.

Back