I'm done with tyres!

Dennsell. what size is your rear tyre. I have tried everywhere in the uk to get one but no luck. Every dealer says bridgestone dont do 240 50 16. any help would be apreciated. cheers hibee.

Hi hibee the Bridgestone exedra max is a slightly higher profile 240 55 16 the higher profile actually corrects the speedo as the rocket is slightly out from factory . Great tyre I'm also using it and I'll never go back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info dennsell. Did not know it was a 55. Just done 5830 miles on the original metz. And both tyres are one the limits . So i will be looking into getting a pair of bridgestones . All the best mate hibee.

Hi hibee the Bridgestone exedra max is a slightly higher profile 240 55 16 the higher profile actually corrects the speedo as the rocket is slightly out from factory . Great tyre I'm also using it and I'll never go back

you will find that it actually corects it by about 4 kilometres the stock bikes come out of the factory with a 7 kilometre variance so at 100km/h you are actually doing 93km/h putting a 55 porofile corrects by 4kl/h so when working out your fuel economy you need to add 3% to your odometer reading as it iwill be out. The weird thing is that the Odometer is actually accurate while they have the 7kl/h short fall on the speedo.
after you have fitted the 55profile tyre you can actually correct the other 3kl/h by using TuneECU or TuneBoy to to correct the speedo which is set in the ECU but yo will just have to remember that your your odometre is then going to to be out by 7km/h, the odometer can not be adjusted or corrected in the ECU;)

Yeah I had it corrected with the Metz but I have changed it back now that I have the bridgy I like to have a little room to move if I get caught out by a speed trap a couple of k under is fine by me

I'm in the process of buying tires for the first time for my bike and nearly fell over when I saw the cost. After reading this entire thread I've decided that I need to quit being a little girl about it and just put out the money for the tires. I thought about attaching some of the other posts in my response but there were so many I like that I couldn't decide. So here's to all of you. Thanks for keeping me informed and helping me to remember that to own a Rocket is to pay a little extra for the privilege. :cool:

I am approaching about 7,000 miles on my B'stone Exedra Max and it has loads of meat left on it.

BTW, I am an aggressive rider that does about 75% or more of my riding on very twisty and hilly back roads (lucky me!).

About 5,000 miles ago I replaced the OEM Metz in front with this Michelin Commander II in the 140/75 17 size, Michelin Motorcycle Tires, and the resulting combination is simply outstanding... the Beast feels about 200 pounds lighter and she responds accordingly!;)

IMO, there is currently no better tire setup currently available for non-touring Rocket III models.

you got 14,000 miles out of the first set of metz's?
That's phenomenal.
I'd get about 4,000 miles out of a rear one.

me too skip, changed to avons and i got just over 6,200miles they seem to be quieter and smoother, and the front tyre doesnt 'cup' like the metz does, i wouldnt change back to metz now. ;)

Back