If I got my cipfers correct

Always ready to help Ken, definitely "old timers" disease coming on - with 10 of the now 31 posts you 'own' this thread.;):p:D:D

7Litres per 100ks is close enough to 40Miles per imperial gallon that's what my Remapped with Tors R3T consistently drinks, OK by Me

40Miles per US gallon is about 5.9litres per 100klms that's about what my R3T was consuming before it was given a kick in the guts and woken up:cool::cool::cool::cool:

I was waiting for some one to say that I ride like driving Miss Daisy, :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yep been doing it for 51 years and seen a lot of boy racers come to grief after passing this wise old Fox, and millions of miles in 40odd years in big rigs also, pulled a few cowboys out of wrecks or sadly went to the Funerals,

We are all different Bull , I am not saying I haven't been guilty of exceeding speed limits or load limits my driving record is proof of that ,but mostly it was a calculated risk not a habitual thing, it just get joy out of tagging along as tail end Charlie and setting my own pace and enjoying the ride, back to the fuel consumption subject, I can say with some confidence that the faster you drive or ride above 100kph your fuel is consumed at ever increasing rates also your fatigue factor increases , at 67 years of age I can still comfortably ride 1200klm days in 14 or 15 hours on the interstate Highways, the fuel consumption is not my reason for a more leisurely pace its just less tiring for me nowadays:):)

All good Mate, When I see your forum Name I am reminded of the old story about the old Bull and the young bull looking down from a hill at a herd of cows ,the young one says lets rush down and jump onto a couple of them, the old bull says no we will take our time and jump the lot of them,:laugh::laugh:

Saw that movie great sound track as well, and now I remember Robert Duvall telling the story in his drawly voice, strange how your forum name reminded me of the story, but not the movie until you mentioned it

G'day Phil
I have a R3T and fitted TORs and a K&N filter in the OEM air box ,like my previous bikes I took it to Jamie at Sports Cycles at Whitebridge near Belmont Toyota and had it remapped and Dyno tuned ,he really knows his stuff
20000Ks since it was done and still goes fantastically the OEM tune with TORS is too lean according to most Tuners,

My experience over the years with some dealers is a bit of a mixed bag ,but I have found if you find a guy who owns the business and actually works on the bikes himself you mostly get a good result, every time I go to Sports Cycles there are high end performance bikes lined up for tuning, service or Mods, Jamie "unlocked" over 30RWHP in my R3 with a reliable result, the difference was amazing, but most importantly for me the bike is smooth and has heaps of lowdown torque ,the only time my bike has seen 6500 RPM was on the Dyno so that's how he tuned it setting it up for my riding style with a lot of two up long runs, good luck with Brisan's

it's funny when a post reappears from the past you kind of forget reading or posting comments on the subject or is it "old timers" disease coming on :x3::x3::cautious::cautious:

Back