If anyone wants to view the America's Cup .....

Arhh!!! You got me ranting now. I can't stand that bastard Bullimore he deserved to die and take responsibility for his own extreme risk taking.
And what a bloody waste of money it was for our Australian Navy to spend millions even back then saving some stupid prick who wants to put themselves in EXTREME harms way and then expect mugs like us to save their arses while risking our own people and resources. The Australian Navy ship that saved him was not even suitable for the Southern Ocean conditions and the rubber duckies they had to use in extreme conditions risked a large number of crew.

I have no problem with rich self indulgent folks getting their jollies but they should accept the risks and pay for them themselves and/or die when they suffer misfortune or self error when they choose to put themselves in extreme situations.

I'll probably get sprayed with folks saying it is the same for motorcyclists but the situation IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. If some m/cyclists wants to cross the Antarctic solo or similar, fine, the same rules should apply. Either pay for your rescue or die if you f*ck up.

We waste so much rescuing idiots like that that could easily support children or others with cancer or other afflictions outside their control for which Govts abandon them and say they cannot afford a measly few thousand for a non-subsidised drug etc. They cannot make an exception they say, yet for rich self indulgent pricks like that they spend millions saving their worthless arses so they can do it all again as I believe he has.:evil::eek::whitstling::banghead::banghead::banghead:

It has something to do with the brotherhood of all sailors ,but I agree he never repaid one cent towards the cost of his stuff up ,miserable pommy tight arse from Bristol :mad::mad:

Arhh!!! You got me ranting now. I can't stand that bastard Bullimore he deserved to die and take responsibility for his own extreme risk taking.
And what a bloody waste of money it was for our Australian Navy to spend millions even back then saving some stupid prick who wants to put themselves in EXTREME harms way and then expect mugs like us to save their arses while risking our own people and resources. The Australian Navy ship that saved him was not even suitable for the Southern Ocean conditions and the rubber duckies they had to use in extreme conditions risked a large number of crew.

I have no problem with rich self indulgent folks getting their jollies but they should accept the risks and pay for them themselves and/or die when they suffer misfortune or self error when they choose to put themselves in extreme situations.

I'll probably get sprayed with folks saying it is the same for motorcyclists but the situation IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. If some m/cyclists wants to cross the Antarctic solo or similar, fine, the same rules should apply. Either pay for your rescue or die if you f*ck up.

We waste so much rescuing idiots like that that could easily support children or others with cancer or other afflictions outside their control for which Govts abandon them and say they cannot afford a measly few thousand for a non-subsidised drug etc. They cannot make an exception they say, yet for rich self indulgent pricks like that they spend millions saving their worthless arses so they can do it all again as I believe he has.:evil::eek::whitstling::banghead::banghead::banghead:

How do you really feel?? Don't hold back, let it all out!!

Mate your post is just pure madness...life is not black or white and anything we all do in life is all relative, the guy who collects stamps each and every day might see our hobby of riding motorcycles hundreds of miles across land in the same way and then when we fall off and need a helicopter to get us to the nearest hospital to save our life,he might turn around and say we deserved to die and the rescue was a complete waste of money:rolleyes:...Man your just posting a silly rant and god forbid you dont need an expensive rescue in your lifetime:rolleyes:..

Yep, that was before the Mericans changed the rules because they kept getting beaten..................
Now its all about who has the most $$$$ to employ the latest tec and the best sailors in the world..................

Like this?

That sure must have been a pretty expensive rescue,he certainly put himself in a precarious position for sure.

It kinda reminds me of the movie "the Perfect Storm" what's amazes me is how friggin lucky Bullimore was to be found and still alive. When you think it took 3 years to find Air France's A330 flight 447.Maybe if they had to sign a no rescue form it might stop them from risking their lives and others. I have to give the Australian Navy credit for pulling it off.

Last edited:
Back