If anyone wants to view the America's Cup .....

Mate your post is just pure madness...life is not black or white and anything we all do in life is all relative, the guy who collects stamps each and every day might see our hobby of riding motorcycles hundreds of miles across land in the same way and then when we fall off and need a helicopter to get us to the nearest hospital to save our life,he might turn around and say we deserved to die and the rescue was a complete waste of money:rolleyes:...Man your just posting a silly rant and god forbid you dont need an expensive rescue in your lifetime:rolleyes:..

Bullsh*t! There is 'relative' and 'extreme' as I posted. Some sections of the Southern Ocean they are sailing are 4000 kilometres from the nearest person or facilities to assist with 60 foot waves a common occurrence. To go there in a boat not equipped for the conditions ALONE forcing sleep deprivation and lack of mental acuity is risky and madness, all for their EGO. If they have the money and want to do it fine I have no problem with that, it is called freedom. Just do not expect countries and people who have nothing to do with them to put their own lives at risk at pick up the tab at $Millions cost. Most sporting events actually pre-pay for the services of rescue and medical care e.g Paris Dakar and even ambo's at race meets and football games etc which is as it should be.

If you want to do the same fine, I'm very happy if you survive and can boast of your exploits undertaken at your own risk and expense, but I would also not be upset to hear that you had drowned too and would not hesitate to call you a fu*kwit for doing so!

I have also spent months at a time working in remote areas driving 1000's of km alone on remote 4x4 bush tracks during 23 years of Australian Govt employment in my youth. In the event of an accident or breakdown I was equipped with a 2 way HF Codan lunchbox radio that had to be attached to the vehicle battery and a 50' aerial wire that had to be laid out on the ground or over a tree with set crystals for the Royal Flying Doctor Service which is funded by the citizens of Australia to provide a service in remote areas of Australia for Australians and others who visit. If I was lucky enough to be able to open the bonnet and connect the radio set it up and get through (which I never was when testing) they would have radioed the nearest settlement, Mine or Pastoral Stn to send a recovery team out at some inconvenience but little risk in a 4x4 to assist or take me to the nearest airstrip for evacuation. I contacted my office daily when in settlements and worked to a pre-planned and arranged schedule so would have been reported missing if I had not checked in for a couple of days.

These days I am retired and have an anti-clotting medication (with no antidote) for a blood condition that means I shall be a cheap 'patient' in the event of a serious off. A bodybag is all they will need as I'll bleed out externally or internally. I still ride long distances interstate sometimes in remote areas. It is a risk I am prepared to take and accept the outcome - death and being called a fuc*wit by some, others such as Bullimore should do the same.

Last edited:
Another factor in this matter is in Australia our State owned Ambulance and Rescue Services will charge you for the cost of any transportation of your live body or dead carcass to the appropriate destination if you have private Health Insurance that includes Ambulance you go for free, but if not you are responsible for the cost that at times many thousands of Dollars if a Helicopter is involved even a short trip via road transport can easily be around $500 and like the Tax Dept they will chase you to the grave for their Money,
Mr Bullimore should have been made to contribute to the cost of his rescue ,I am not disputing the actual Rescue as we Australians are a civilised Country and put a high value on life ,just the cost to the Australian Taxpayers
for the rescue of an egotistic silly old badly prepared fool.

Another factor in this matter is in Australia our State owned Ambulance and Rescue Services will charge you for the cost of any transportation of your live body or dead carcass to the appropriate destination if you have private Health Insurance that includes Ambulance you go for free, but if not you are responsible for the cost that at times many thousands of Dollars if a Helicopter is involved even a short trip via road transport can easily be around $500 and like the Tax Dept they will chase you to the grave for their Money,
Mr Bullimore should have been made to contribute to the cost of his rescue ,I am not disputing the actual Rescue as we Australians are a civilised Country and put a high value on life ,just the cost to the Australian Taxpayers
for the rescue of an egotistic silly old badly prepared fool.

I wonder if the rescue services did in fact send a bill to him or his sponsors? Still doesn't negate the fact that other brave people put their lives at risk for this guy.

At the time the estimated cost for the rescue that Fool was $6million and he paid not a Brass Razoo towards it:sick::sick:

They should at least confiscate his new boat (I'm sure he has one) or perhaps seize insurance proceeds to set off some of the cost and prevent him from trying to repair his ego by having another go at it. I wonder what would have been said if one of his rescuers had been lost

They should at least confiscate his new boat (I'm sure he has one) or perhaps seize insurance proceeds to set off some of the cost and prevent him from trying to repair his ego by having another go at it. I wonder what would have been said if one of his rescuers had been lost
He already lost a second boat I think.

Back