Have to agree with Barbagris ,if your struggling with the weight of a bagger the Rocket isn’t going to make life any easier for you.
I have a Road King and it certainly feels easier to manhandle when parking than the Triumph, don’t get me wrong I love the Rocket but it’s a heavy SOB!
I'm ok with the weight, I got off the baggers because they are heavy but manageable. How does the Rocket drive, motor wise? Thump thump thump like a Harley? That's what I'm looking for. I'm a Harley guy, will I regret buying a Rocket?

First Welcome,

I have a touring. Bringing the performance up to that of the Roadster takes a $25.00 cable and a download that can be found here.

The front wheel will easily come off the ground.

The other great thing about the touring is when you drop it, and you will, the crash bars will protect it and there will not be a mark on it.

The really great thing about the Touring is she is such a sleeper. Non of your Harley friends will expect a thing until you release the Kraken.
Release the Kracken! Hahahaha! Can't wait!

With an appropriate flash you can get the Roadster power on the Touring. Just did it today on my 2014 Touring using the Nels flash (TORS with crossover pipe and RamAir) posted by Claviger in the Resources section. Already loving it...

This Touring is my first bike with floorboards and I now realize I would rather have pegs like on my R3Rs but that's just my preference...

Only H-D I ever had (still do) is a 2012 Fat Bob. Something about a nice stripped down cruiser that fits my ergos perfectly as OEM.

Never really liked H-Ds though, thinking they are too expensive and lacking in performance. I tell my H-D Kool-Aid drinking buddies that my Fat Bob is my "Geezer Glide" and I only keep it to ride slow with them...
Hi, I too have a FatBob. If you could only keep one, the FatBob or the Rocket, which would it be?

You can make a Standard / Roadster into a bagger quite nicely. Take a good look at mine. It has all the things you asked for. Yes it rides very nicely. Goes to the drags trip and track day too as you see it.

Bill Dee.jpg
Sweet bike!

Hi, I too have a FatBob. If you could only keep one, the FatBob or the Rocket, which would it be?

Definitely a "no-brainer", I would keep my Rockets. As much as I like my 2012 Fat Bob, out of all my bikes it would be the very first one to go. My other bikes have actual performance...:p

After your first good ride on a Rocket, you won't ever look back... except to see all the Harleys trying to catch up to you...:inlove

Last edited:
I owned an ‘09 CVO Fatbob in a flashy yellow paint, gobs of chrome and the 110 hop up kit. It was a quick little bike producing 110 hp and 120 tq. It was my “hot” bike. I loved it and swore I’d never trade it. After trading all my other Harley’s for the new Indians it was the last of the HDs and that was another reason to keep it.

One ride on the R3R and it got gone. Both bikes are naked so they are stylistically and functionally similar but the Triumph is way more bike and rides better too. The motor is not Harley v twin like at all. It feels and sounds more Bentleyesque. The engine is silky smooth and stuffed with power all over the rpm range. It made the old hopped up FB look weak and small. I’m over six feet and 200 pounds and my wife said I looked to big on the FB but not so on the massive Rocket.

The Roadster is not a touring so forcing it that way is spending money taking it in a direction for which it was not designed. If you like all the touring amenities get the Touring and spend a little to get the power out of it that is easily attainable.

Have you driven one yet? If you have not you should but be prepared to get ruined with you love of Harley power, or lack of.

Hi, yeah it's heavy, my Harley FatBob comes in at 750 lbs. so it's probably 50 more than that. I did sit on one and that's ok. I'll respect the throttle! Been riding for 45 years! Thanks for the reply, BTW, do you know anything about a throttle lock for the Rocket?

The Rocket is one of the top 5 super bikes in the world. If you have been on a VMax or Diavel you have a clue what this bike can do. HD VRod somewhat close. Harley Bagger no way.

Rocket is a great bike, but don't get cocky and r espect it. Bringing the front tire off the ground on this bike takes no effort and many times can be a surprise.

Just sayin

I bought mine from Clear Shields, and got the tallest (5"over stock) and the widest (2" over), so probably why the wind effects it so much. I also have a stock Triumph shield. BUT, shipping is a pain. Anybody local to SW Florida could get a deal if picked up in person. Also have other goodies gathering dust. I'm a nut, have 7 bikes titled to me now, and sent an offer last night for another on Craigs List. And I'm not rich either! Obsessive compulsive disorder for sure.;)

I believe your windshield is the issue. I have a 21" Cee Bailey of stock width and have never had an issue on my touring. I believe stock is 18"

Back