I ride a Harley FatBob now because the baggers were getting heavy for my age and size. I'm ready to sell the Harley and get a Rocket 3 Roadster.
You do realise that the R3 is a BIG HEAVY beast I hope. Also you need to sit on them as the seat heights are WAY higher than any Harley I have sat on.

Also take into account that unlike Harleys there are close to NO accessories made for them any more. And if you depend on others for maintenance - well - make sure you have a dealer who actually knows them close. I just want to be realistic here.

I always liken the R3 to a bear.

Could be
39daf21b-7ad4-428e-a673-2ede5ef69b88_1.39f78fc0949f0f7accb9d75859c3cca0.jpeg

But get it wrong and
hqdefault.jpg

Well all your questions have all ready been answered by the rest of the guys here so i am just going to say hi from the UK:thumbsup:
Oh hold on a minute i do have something to add apparently not suppose to tell u this cos it,s top secret,I heard from a guy who knows another guy, who said there might be a new model out soon.So you might want to consider that.But you didn't here that from me;)

Last edited:
First Welcome,

I have a touring. Bringing the performance up to that of the Roadster takes a $25.00 cable and a download that can be found here.

The front wheel will easily come off the ground.

The other great thing about the touring is when you drop it, and you will, the crash bars will protect it and there will not be a mark on it.

The really great thing about the Touring is she is such a sleeper. Non of your Harley friends will expect a thing until you release the Kraken.

I've been riding Harley baggers since 71', I've owned 12 of them. Great bikes, I ride a Harley FatBob now because the baggers were getting heavy for my age and size. I'm ready to sell the Harley and get a Rocket 3 Roadster. Here are my questions, Can I get floorboards for the Roadster? Big windshield? Nice looking bags? I don't want the touring because who wants less HP? Are the touring and roadster geared the same? Besides the roadster is cheaper, then I can add the accessories later. I don't hotrod any more but I do like to twist the throttle. That front end won't come up, right? I don't want it to. One other thing, is there a throttle lock available? Thank
I put a 13 inch Windvest on mt Roadster and it was small enough to be unobtrusive and made a massive difference on long trips.

Attachments

• DSCN4613.JPG
    DSCN4613.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 1
Have to agree with Barbagris ,if your struggling with the weight of a bagger the Rocket isn’t going to make life any easier for you.
I have a Road King and it certainly feels easier to manhandle when parking than the Triumph, don’t get me wrong I love the Rocket but it’s a heavy SOB!

I bought mine from Clear Shields, and got the tallest (5"over stock) and the widest (2" over), so probably why the wind effects it so much. I also have a stock Triumph shield. BUT, shipping is a pain. Anybody local to SW Florida could get a deal if picked up in person. Also have other goodies gathering dust. I'm a nut, have 7 bikes titled to me now, and sent an offer last night for another on Craigs List. And I'm not rich either! Obsessive compulsive disorder for sure.;)

I bought mine from Clear Shields, and got the tallest (5"over stock) and the widest (2" over), so probably why the wind effects it so much. I also have a stock Triumph shield. BUT, shipping is a pain. Anybody local to SW Florida could get a deal if picked up in person. Also have other goodies gathering dust. I'm a nut, have 7 bikes titled to me now, and sent an offer last night for another on Craigs List. And I'm not rich either! Obsessive compulsive disorder for sure.;)

Sorry to take this thread off topic with the wind sheild question (I'm 5'6" on a good day, so the tall Clear Shield is too tall for me), so maybe I can steer myself back on.

The OP mentioned the heft of the Harleys and we all know the Rocket is a beast, but (circling back to the original thread), I'm 5'6" and about 160 lbs and have learned to handle the Rocket's weight and size pretty well. In fact, after every ride, nearly every day, I have to back it up on a slightly downhill packed gravel driveway about 20 feet and then get off and pull it backwards into my shed, including over the threshold.

I may concentrate harder than some of you big fellas when coming to stops and considering parking spots, but once she's rolling our weight class makes no difference. I've never ridden a Harley (fact, not brag ;-), so I can't offer a comparison, but I've heard that the Rocket's center of gravity is slung lower than other big bikes. You might find that despite its weight that it feels lighter- definitely once you start pulling Gs.

You do realise that the R3 is a BIG HEAVY beast I hope. Also you need to sit on them as the seat heights are WAY higher than any Harley I have sat on.

Also take into account that unlike Harleys there are close to NO accessories made for them any more. And if you depend on others for maintenance - well - make sure you have a dealer who actually knows them close. I just want to be realistic here.

I always liken the R3 to a bear.

Could be
39daf21b-7ad4-428e-a673-2ede5ef69b88_1.39f78fc0949f0f7accb9d75859c3cca0.jpeg

But get it wrong and
hqdefault.jpg
Hi, yeah it's heavy, my Harley FatBob comes in at 750 lbs. so it's probably 50 more than that. I did sit on one and that's ok. I'll respect the throttle! Been riding for 45 years! Thanks for the reply, BTW, do you know anything about a throttle lock for the Rocket?

Back