Buck-off

.040 Over
Ride
2018 Rocket Roadster, 2018 Harley FatBob
I've been riding Harley baggers since 71', I've owned 12 of them. Great bikes, I ride a Harley FatBob now because the baggers were getting heavy for my age and size. I'm ready to sell the Harley and get a Rocket 3 Roadster. Here are my questions, Can I get floorboards for the Roadster? Big windshield? Nice looking bags? I don't want the touring because who wants less HP? Are the touring and roadster geared the same? Besides the roadster is cheaper, then I can add the accessories later. I don't hotrod any more but I do like to twist the throttle. That front end won't come up, right? I don't want it to. One other thing, is there a throttle lock available? Thank

I've heard this question asked before. In my opinion, it would cost you a lot more to make a Roadster a Touring. than to just go ahead and buy a touring. I have tried a windshield on one of my Rockets, and didn't like it AT ALL. Unlike some of the Harley's, the windshield on the Rockets, connect to the forks, and wind will effect the steering, at least it did on mine. I've got 2 windshields for Rockets, and 1 for a Harley Sportster, sitting in my barn, growing dust and cob webs. If your coming from ANY model of Harley, a Rocket Touring will scare you with it's power, believe me! And I've seen some pretty good deals out there for Touring models.;)

I have a 2016 Roadster...and yes the front wheel comes up...if you want it too!..Mine has flyscreen..you can get bags, floorboards and a host of stuff to make it what you want....these things have 100 ft lb of torque at idle my friend...thats more torque than most sports bikes have at 7000 rpm!...it's true!...But properly handled, you will absolutely fall in love with it....most of us on this forum have!

With an appropriate flash you can get the Roadster power on the Touring. Just did it today on my 2014 Touring using the Nels flash (TORS with crossover pipe and RamAir) posted by Claviger in the Resources section. Already loving it...

This Touring is my first bike with floorboards and I now realize I would rather have pegs like on my R3Rs but that's just my preference...

Only H-D I ever had (still do) is a 2012 Fat Bob. Something about a nice stripped down cruiser that fits my ergos perfectly as OEM.

Never really liked H-Ds though, thinking they are too expensive and lacking in performance. I tell my H-D Kool-Aid drinking buddies that my Fat Bob is my "Geezer Glide" and I only keep it to ride slow with them...

Last edited:
And yes the front end will come up. Just ask @Steel
What ever are you talking about my sister? The dealer in Katy TX told me that it's a powerful bike, but it's too heavy to wheelie :whitstling:.

@Buck-off don't let the difference in power put you off the Touring. The Roadster and Touring have the same motor and gear ratios. The only difference in power is from the map. For $20 you can get the cable, and the program is free to put a map that will give you 30 extra hp over stock. I'd suggest you sit on both and decide which one fits you better. :thumbsup:

You can make a Standard / Roadster into a bagger quite nicely. Take a good look at mine. It has all the things you asked for. Yes it rides very nicely. Goes to the drags trip and track day too as you see it.

Bill Dee.jpg

Back