I think Corbin did it up right

Yeah, more pictures are in the corbin site Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Rocket III | 800-538-7035
you add the whole set of things and you get to 8 grand in no time...
I think they did right all those modifications, but I still like mine kind of naked. but who knows, that fairing is starting to grow on mine... just the money tree is not growing that fast...

1615560362346.png
The space between the rider and passenger backrests seems a bit tight. I might have to trade the missus in for a newer, sleeker version. That might potentially cost much more than eight grand (-:

I would not be surprised, as already mentioned in earlier replies, if Triumph follows up with a Touring version themselves, especially since the new Rocket seems to be selling well and as Triumph featured a Touring model with the earlier Rocket range. I could imagine it would have to be full-dress to compete with Harley, Indian and Yamaha's (make that Star's) Venture and Eluder.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised, as already mentioned in earlier replies, if Triumph follows up with a Touring version themselves, especially since the new Rocket seems to be selling well and as Triumph featured a Touring model with the earlier Rocket range. I could imagine it would have to be full-dress to compete with Harley, Indian and Yamaha's (make that Star's) Venture and Eluder.
I don't think Triumph will ever produce a full touring model of the new Rocket 3 without some very serious modification. If you look at the way the bike is constructed and in particular the aluminum sub frame at the back, this is never going to be suitable to take the weight of a two up fully loaded tourer. The existing panniers are rated at 5kg and the rear rack is rated at 3kg. I don't think the weight limit on the panniers is only due to the light construction of the bags or the strength of the zips, but is also the fact that the pannier mounts are just two 8mm bolts screwed vertically into the aluminum frame, this is a particularly weak type of fixing for weight bearing, Triumph have just launched some larger bags but still with the 5kg limit. The Corbin bag brackets use an extra 8mm fixing as well as the ones used by Triumph giving some extra strength. But interestingly Corbin do not give any weight loading information for their bags, I have contacted both Corbin USA and Corbin Europe to get weight loading information but so far no replies. Given the likely weight of the Corbin bags empty, I would be very wary of putting much weight in the bags at all. I really think Corbin should come clean on this! and state a weight limit

I am currently turning my Rocket into a Light Tourer using the Powerbronze screen and Hepco and Becker bags, I'm adding an extra fixing to the C-Bow bracket to increase the safe weight limit.

Yeah, more pictures are in the corbin site Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Rocket III | 800-538-7035
you add the whole set of things and you get to 8 grand in no time...
I think they did right all those modifications, but I still like mine kind of naked. but who knows, that fairing is starting to grow on mine... just the money tree is not growing that fast...

1615560362346.png
Curious why the fairing growing on you? Are you thinking more comfort?
If so, what screen, helmet do you use?

Last edited:
A many Grand Tourer. 👍
Some people on this forum don’t really understand the concept the concept of a Grand Tourer. It is not the same as a machine built for maximum miles with tons of storage. A Bentley Continental is a grand Touring car. My Dodge truck caries more people and luggage with a greater fuel mileage capacity. Does that make it a GT?

Im sure you know this but at least one on here does not.

Curioys why the fairing growing on you? Are you thinking more comfort?
If so, what screen, helmet do you use?
Well, I already have 2000 miles on my a bit more than a month old bike, trying to do longer rides, I am still riding only in Florida, getting to know my bike, but I should be riding the bike 850 miles one way trip to my cabin by the dragon in NC, very often now season started (maybe once a month once I drop all my woodworking stuff there with the truck so I don't have to haul those larger tools back and for)... Currently I ride with a full helmet, Shoei RF-1200, ear plugs, cardo helmet speakers, I am 6'1" and so far, I enjoy riding the bike like that, the windshield from the GT don't make buffeting for me.... but as growing goes... I have a long Wishlist in amazon... and some items can stay there for years till they can get serious consideration.... I don't like panniers in a bike (full dresser things), but who knows, maybe after doing those longer trips for a while, that corbin fairing will starting make sense if I get pain in the shoulders or stiff neck, that kind of thing usually helps with that. for now, and while I keep bugging mustang to make a seat for the rocket, I just got myself one of those motoskiveez boxers to see if it can help a bit after a day of riding, because where those boxers helps is the only place I am feeling a bit of pain, when riding long... but I think the culprit is also Florida, because is looooong roads with not even a curve, you dont move the butt.
and for my particular use, I just need to go from A to B, I have my apartment in Miami, the cabin in the dragon, so i dont really need to haul much in the bike. Once in the smokies, I can ride around and get back to the cabin at the end of the day, so, extra storage for me is enough whatever I can secure in top of the back seat.

I find Triumph tends to really under rate their luggage carrying capacity with ridiculously low weight carrying limits. The Triumph rack on my America was rated for 15 lbs. I carried much more than that with no issues. They probably do this to build in a big safety buffer for liability reasons.

I enjoy the different thoughts and opinions on just where Triumph is or will go with a Touring Model. Let’s stop fooling ourselves. Triumph created a power plant. The cycle was made around a 3 Cylinder 2294 cc engine. The Touring model came out in 2008. A full 4 years after the cruiser. Seriously, how did Triumph stay out of court with H.D. ? I love the TR3T, but it’s a big **** Road King! I have two of them. Doubt if I buy another 2 wheel toy. Just getting older.
But to look at the 2500cc gen 2. Smaller and lighter. A lot lighter. Beefing up the gen 2 to a full Touring Model with seating for 2 adults, luggage and a trunk? Triumph never did that with the Gen. 1. Just hard bags. No fairing or a trunk.

Back