I know I'm a sign nut.

We CHOOSE how we react.
This is a benefit that NOT ALL OF US have in "the moment"!.

Psychologists are NOT psychiatrists. The written word is a tiny proportion of communication. It is therefore all the more marvellous when a word-master sets forth.

The benefit of asynchronous and written communication is, that, if one considers that which one writes - it can be considerate.

This is a benefit that NOT ALL OF US have in "the moment"!.

Psychologists are NOT psychiatrists. The written word is a tiny proportion of communication. It is therefore all the more marvellous when a word-master sets forth.

The benefit of asynchronous and written communication is, that, if one considers that which one writes - it can be considerate.
You use allatta big words.

upload_2019-2-10_20-59-9.jpeg

Well that about covers it! What else do you need in life!!

We would all do well to remind ourselves from time to time, the internet is a cold COLD (did I say 'COLD'?) filter. In real life, psychologists tell us that real communication is worked via DNA that is millions of years old, while language is an overlay that is only thousands of years old. That is, when we are in the presence of others, the non-verbal proportion is never less than 50%, and the more we know someone, the higher that proportion is (with family members for instance, non-verbal is generally around 90%).

The internet loses all that, and words -- as we heard in Led Zepplin's '
' [see 1:34] - words in isolation are read with our internal biases. So typed words should be chosen with care. We used to do this when we wrote letters (anyone remember those ?), and this has been suppressed in the advent of 'instant' sending.

Another thing psychologists tell us -- that can be useful as we interact with each other -- they tell us that no one can make us angry (or happy for that matter).

We CHOOSE how we react.

So 99% of the time, I observe here folks keep it chill. THANK YOU !

And that ! is exactly why texting causes so much grief !

Back