I have owned 3 Rockets in 3 Days (Quick-shifter Content)

Rockatansky

.060 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
Take care... it also has some disadvantages... when you are riding in a group as last man, you always have to be sure not to roll over your front man when you overtake a car or a truck and return into the lane... 100 mph come with a blink of an eye...

:whitstling:

R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
It's awesome fun and I am finally laughing out loud, raucous. The sprint from traffic light to traffic light reminds me of the feeling I got when I did my first bungee jump, I just wanted do do It all over again, straight away. Those micro movements that happen with a manual gear change are no big deal, however they seem to be now. This bike feels so much faster with the quick shift. (...) For the purists out there, I understand the romance of old-school shifting, but the quick shift gives you the best of both worlds.
A B S O L U T E L Y !!!! :thumbsup: 😃

I tested it on a Tiger 900 GT :
when leaving the dealership, I've used only normal clutch, time to get away from traffic and get used to the bike. What a pain this bike, does not have any power...:(...Traffic soon behind me : hum hum the mode was on Rain...!
...Ok I move it to Sport and start using the quickshifter : Whoa ! It is a complete different bike, definitively more like a sport roadster than a trail :p...
... This was my final test before deciding to get one on my R3...Will be installed in the coming days :)

1612721075300.png

Last edited:

EskimoPie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Awesome, I think I'm sold as well. Is this a dealer install only item or is it easily installed at home? If so, where can it be purchased?

Rockatansky

.060 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
It is for sure a dealer install - at the end you need the dealer Software to have it working on your bike...

Curlymeister

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3R, Ducati Panigale V4s
Awesome, I think I'm sold as well. Is this a dealer install only item or is it easily installed at home? If so, where can it be purchased?
Yeah it requires a physical install, then a software update, then an activation on the bike computer, then you need to ride in each gear for 10-15 seconds for it to calibrate. True.
My dealer learnt this the haaaaard way, but they poured beer down my throat while I was waiting and chatted to me about the motorcycle logistics & supply chain. Do you know in Australia if you order triumph original parts through the dealer you can wait months. Going direct on eBay will take a few days. Mmmmmm.

R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
One downside - its an absolute pain to install, and the dealer had to stay back a long shift to get it working properly - electronic trickery and witchcraftery.
Could you please be more specific ? Ah ok just seen the above post #15 which answers my question. Thanks :)
I'll ask my mechanic what he thinks of it.

An by the way, I see on the Triumph site over here that the installation requires only 60 minutes (which seems to me a little short when reading the instructions ? : https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9778507-EN.pdf )

Last edited:

R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
I’m a fan of the quick shifter, it came stock on my bike. I like to have the choice to clutch or not. It’s like boom boom boom and your going pretty fast.
Same here :). If the quick shifter did not allow this choice, I wouldn't have purchased probably the quick shifter

R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
2 roadtrips these last weeks, cold but sunny and... also to test the quickshifter : it is so "compatible" 🤩with the R3 that it is "criminal" that Triumph does not include it by default😄

1614598118563.png

1614598554652.png

1614598702795.png

1614598515784.png

Attachments

• 1614598095292.png
    1614598095292.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1614598591931.png
    1614598591931.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Motortard

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
Ride
Rocket 3 GT and 5 caged rides
Yes, you guys are correct. Had dealer install at 1st oil change the other week and it really transformed the bike… It’s the difference between a traditional manual vs an F1 (aka PDK) transmission…. And the auto rev matching is spot on…. Absolutely love it… And to be honest, when entering traffic I believe it increases safety…. Accelerating before was brisk, now it’s truly fast…. Not sure what the Technician did, but before the install the shift linkage felt like it was in a bind, now it’s silky smooth….