I have owned 3 Rockets in 3 Days (Quick-shifter Content)

Curlymeister

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3R, Ducati Panigale V4s
The first one was the one I wrote about in the post: Rocket 3R, Six weeks in. It was a great bike. It's gone now.

My second one was the one that I owned yesterday. It was quite a different bike to the old one. That's because I followed Bloodnut's advice on suspension. Quite the transformation and has made me less angry about the amount of tax I pay and the state of our roads. That bike's gone now too.

I have a new one, it arrived just now. It looks the same as the Bloodnut one, but it's an absolute next level bike. I cannot begin to tell you how much better this bike is with a quick-shifter. It is a new bike. It's awesome fun and I am finally laughing out loud, raucous. The sprint from traffic light to traffic light reminds me of the feeling I got when I did my first bungee jump, I just wanted do do It all over again, straight away. Those micro movements that happen with a manual gear change are no big deal, however they seem to be now. This bike feels so much faster with the quick shift. If you don't have one, go get one. $500 for the unit. It will be the best $500 you have ever spent (that you can talk about) , and you will have a new bike. I cannot understand why Triumph didn't put this in as standard - it makes the giant asphalt-eater feel like an absolute weapon. It goes from 'fun fast' to 'real fast' without entering into 'scary fast' territory.

One downside - its an absolute pain to install, and the dealer had to stay back a long shift to get it working properly - electronic trickery and witchcraftery.

For the purists out there, I understand the romance of old-skool shifting, but the quick shift gives you the best of both worlds. When you are sick of riding the fastest meanest Rocket on the street, use your left hand and go back to the old slow way, although I'd be very surprised if you do.

it makes the giant asphalt-eater feel like an absolute weapon. It goes from 'fun fast' to 'real fast' without entering into 'scary fast' territory.
...YOU BASTARD!!!....i woke up thinking about quick shifters this morning!!!......Now i have to go spend MORE money!!!.....Ive just put a tune in it and it already gets savage!!.....lol

...YOU BASTARD!!!....i woke up thinking about quick shifters this morning!!!......Now i have to go spend MORE money!!!.....Ive just put a tune in it and it already gets savage!!.....lol
So tell me, does the Tune ECU take the bike from "real fast' to 'scary fast"? I don't think I'm ready for 'scary fast' just yet....

So tell me, does the Tune ECU take the bike from "real fast' to 'scary fast"? I don't think I'm ready for 'scary fast' just yet....
well put it this way...i havnt been scared yet... :p...but it does certainly respond when you give it a handful...hits the rev limiter real quick if youre not watching...

Back