I have a 05 Rocket. I am chasing a short. Brake/turn signal/horn.

Bob spruce

Rocketpilot
Ride
05 Rocket
the fuse blows when my wife rides with me. Hit a dip in the road and blows the fuse. I took the rear wheel off went over each wire and shrink tubed them all. Then it still did it. The rear brake light switch seems to be not working. When I test the switch it reads open,not touching the brake. Could the switch be bad and short out a fuse?

Look for this - The tyre scrubbed mine out once, but i did have lowered shocks fitted.
You can see the scrubbed out wires above the tail light
IMG_4134.JPG

the brake switch is supposed to be open when not hitting the brake
when u hit the brake the switch is going to close to make the circuit.

the fuse blows when my wife rides with me. Hit a dip in the road and blows the fuse. I took the rear wheel off went over each wire and shrink tubed them all. Then it still did it. The rear brake light switch seems to be not working. When I test the switch it reads open,not touching the brake. Could the switch be bad and short out a fuse?
Let me try to help if i can; I had a similar issue and it turned out that i had changed signal lenses and bulbs and my rear right signal terminal had crossed inside of the signal housing where the bulb gets twisted in, if those contacts are not all properly completing the circuit through the front and rear, it will affect the break light, signal lights, and also the horn if I remember correctly. The whole front & rear signal light circuit is one. "Be Safe!

Back