I dont understand - TTS supercharger Rocket 3R vs Hayabusa TTS supercharger

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
Hi,
Rocket 3R is 2500 CC, WITH TTS supercharger is pulling out 316hp & 268ft/lb.

vs

Hayabusa Gen3 1340cc WITH
TTS supercharger is pulling out 400HP & 190lb/ft torque.

Why Rocket 3R cant get more power after TTS supercharger?

Supercharger for rocket is pretty expensive as compare to TTS hayabusa supercharger.

Now it seems Hayabusa is best option as compare to Rocket if we get TTS supercharger on Hayabusa?

What you guys think?

Last edited:
In short, RPM. Add a 3rd bike in the mix, an H2 with mild-tune, ~250whp/100lb-ft, or an H2 with 9% SC gears, intercooler, exhaust, tune...300whp/110lbft.

R3R with TTS - 7000 RPM
Hayabusa Gen 3 - 11500 RPM
H2 - 14k RPM

There are other factors, but the primary factor is RPM. Wait for the 2.5L stroker R3 with Carpenter head and TTS kit to be finished and dynod. It'll murder the Gen 3 Busa numbers (and Gen 2 Rocket number) with less boost pressure because it's a much higher state-of-tune engine; a more efficient air pump.

Which is the fastest in a race at these power levels? The one that can put the power down without wheelspin or wheelies, simple as that. Of those 3 bikes, the Busa has the widest power band.

Assuming 200lb rider for all, yet the Rocket is likely to be the fastest on the street as it'll fight with traction and wheelies the least:
R3R with TTS - ~2.886 lb per hp
Gen 3 Busa with TTS - ~1.975 lb per hp
Mildly built H2 - ~2.333 lb per hp

From personal experience:
198whp/160lbft Rocket 3 Roadster vs 168whp/94lbft Z H2 - Rocket runs away until the Z H2 builds up RPM then it's all Z H2, I expect exactly the same result with the three bikes above.

On a drag strip, busa wins, no contest.

Last edited:
Not the new R3R/R3GT 2.5, I mean Art's 2.3 stroker 2.5 engine, it's an entirely different animal and it's going to be a monster :p

In short, RPM. Add a 3rd bike in the mix, an H2 with mild-tune, ~250whp/100lb-ft, or an H2 with 9% SC gears, intercooler, exhaust, tune...300whp/110lbft.

R3R with TTS - 7000 RPM
H2 - 14k RPM

There are other factors, but the primary factor is RPM. Wait for the 2.5L stroker R3 with Carpenter head and TTS kit to be finished and dynod. It'll murder the Gen 3 Busa numbers (and Gen 2 Rocket number) with less boost pressure because it's a much higher state-of-tune engine; a more efficient air pump.

Which is the fastest in a race at these power levels? The one that can put the power down without wheelspin or wheelies, simple as that. Of those 3 bikes, the Busa has the widest power band.

Assuming 200lb rider for all, yet the Rocket is likely to be the fastest on the street as it'll fight with traction and wheelies the least:

198whp/160lbft Rocket 3 Roadster vs 168whp/94lbft Z H2 - Rocket runs away until the Z H2 builds up RPM then it's all Z H2, I expect exactly the same result with the three bikes above.

'On a drag strip, Busa wins, no contest'.

That is all that counts with these bikes. Power to Weight is generally expressed as hp/lb. In the case of your figures, smaller is better. Beware that next Busa (-:

R3R with TTS - 7000 RPM
H2 - 14k RPM

"198whp/160lbft Rocket 3 Roadster vs 168whp/94lbft Z H2 - Rocket runs away until the Z H2 builds up RPM then it's all Z H2,"
For some unknown reason I totally agree with this!!??
Crying2.jpg

Same discussion, off on another tangent. More than one tangent, in fact.

The OP did not complain about Rockets, per se. He highlighted the exuberant cost of supercharging a Rocket 3 versus supercharging a Busa Gen-2/3, and the disappointing perceived return in the case of the former. Here in SA, I would almost be able to buy a clean preowned Busa Gen-3 AND a TTS blower kit, for the price of the same kit for a Rocket 3. Each to their own, of course, as long as we appreciate that a TTS Busa will do to a TTS Rocket 3 what a normally aspirated Diavel 1260 does to a normally aspirated Rocket 3.

Oh, and that blown Busa will whip the 4ss of any Z-H2 as well, off the line and top speed.

Last edited:
Back