While that is indeed true, for me the lifting motion feels awkward. I might hate it, who knows but figured I’d give it a try :p
Sounds like a REAL GOOD reason to keep the old one and sell the one that does not work as well for your purpose after testing both!

Seems like a lot of confusion. Like the time I went from a 1974 XLCH to a 1992 FXSTC. The sportster shifted on the right, as was made factory so the round trackers would use it. Anyway, leaving the dealership, I was halfway out in the road before I figured it out. Knew it, just forgot

I don’t have a rear tire atm, just doing little things while I patiently wait for it to arrive.

My thoughts exactly about engagement, it’s a hell of a lot easier leant way over to the left side to upshift with GP pattern.
Before:
31600870-9839-4AE0-A468-DC3E79C9868B.jpeg

After:
406DC74E-B9A6-440B-ADF6-EEA58136E216.jpeg

If this mod doesn't work for you try a Pingle electric or air shifter with ignition interrupter like my ProStreet Brand X has. Launch the bike and push the button. Positive shifts almost as fast as an automatic!

Complete. I bought the dual switch QS after selling the pull, so with a simple connector change on the sub harness and 2 minutes I can flip GP or normal now :p. The dual switch QS is a much nicer piece of kit than single direction, at the same price.
98DB3438-48D7-4518-8879-CA98772D659D.jpeg

Back