How to Install Triple K&Ns Under BearClaw

Just ordered 3x ru2780 and airtemp filter. Ended up ordering from America, what a joke about prices here in Oz. Was going to cost me $215 for the 4 here, will be $117 from America delivered. I already have pods from tuneboy but want to show a bit more of the motor, K&N look better. Cheers to all the postings with the parts :)

A suggestion mate. If you are using the triple k & n filters, get the overs to go with it. They help keep the filters clean and keep rain off.

A suggestion mate. If you are using the triple k & n filters, get the overs to go with it. They help keep the filters clean and keep rain off.

I had the covers but didn't like the look . If you keep them well oiled water isn't a problem I have ridden mine in absolute downpours with exposed filters on long distance runs and I've never had any drama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the covers but didn't like the look . If you keep them well oiled water isn't a problem I have ridden mine in absolute downpours with exposed filters on long distance runs and I've never had any drama

I didn't like the look at first but I changed my mind! I also thought they were a bit restrictive initially. I ran it for a while with bare filters and no bear claw and when I put the covers on and refitted the claw it seemed less responsive. Then I cut the claw and relocated the overflow bottle and there was a noticeable difference. The covers weren't restricting anything and I like the look now - hence (look left)...

Funny story - dropping my son at school the other day, one of his friends thought they were stubby holders.

So what is the function of the barametric sensor in the air box leftside above the ECU?
Is there a effect on this sensor when the air box is not used?

No. All it does is take a reading on start up to determine the altitude the bike is at. There is a section about all of the sensors used for the fuel injection parameters in the service manual that gives an explanation of each.

I did also order the covers, used them when raining, will put them on when required. Thanks.

Question: could I run this set-up with the stock exhaust? The reason I'm asking is that I'm afraid the Jardine pipes I wish to use may be too loud for Germany.

I Agree with Mitch I have been in torrential downpour with no issues :D Also You need 5 filters the three main ones and 1 for airtemp sensor and 1 for the Engine breather

Question: could I run this set-up with the stock exhaust? The reason I'm asking is that I'm afraid the Jardine pipes I wish to use may be too loud for Germany.
Yes you can and you will get a noticeble improvement even if you just take out the secondary butterflies fit trhe triple K&N's and swap the cat box for a Catdelete it won't make the bike louder just give it a deeper sound and there is a tune to suit so let me know if you go that way and I will send the tune to you

Roadster setup is different. Cats are in the pipes. You could look at the Roadster Staintunes - I believe they're not as loud as Jardine or TORs.

Back