How Satisfied are you with your New 2020 Bike

How satisfied are you with your new 2020 model?

• Completely

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Mostly

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • It’s ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not al all

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
1200 miles completed. Overall i am really pleased with my R3R. Its fantastic in the corners and defies belief when you get off and look what just did those flip flop twisties! Build quaility is excellent, as is suspension after some adjustment. It was bottoming out from new but i have both front and rear to "firm" and added 9 clicks of rear preload and its much much better. I weight about 90kg kitted out. The Triumph shift assist is THE best feature though for me. Fast downshifting while flying into a corner is total fun! Its the best i have sampled over the years... The riding position is excellent, and theres just about enough ground clearance before my feet scrap in the corners. Brakes are awesome, mpg acceptable. The engine is fantastic and loud enough for me, i like riding around in a stealthy manner!
The downsides are: lack of shift assist as standard, the fact the rear seat sits on the shiny red paintwork, axle tramp when accelerator on bumpy roads, key fob low battery error, rear brake needs now needs bleeding again....and oddly some people wont speak to me any more when i stop at a bike stop! I have had some turn theirs backs on me!! I am most definately not a snob so i find this a little off putting.
Don't worry to much. When you leave them at the light it will your turn to show them your backside.;)

Dealer told me to change to mid controls, over 700 bucks including labore. Over 2.5 hrs labor! Really? Think i will try just pegs in mid control spot, use those for hwy.

"greenturbobob, post: 717399, member: 10484"
....and oddly some people wont speak to me any more when i stop at a bike stop! I have had some turn theirs backs on me!! I am most definitely not a snob so i find this a little off putting

It's Rocket envy. Face it, it's easier to chat about the weather with a Vespa pilot.

I’ve got 6000 miles on the new bike now and still love to ride it. The seat is a little small and the suspension is stiff if I had to be negative but overall it’s a great fun machine. New rear tire on now. 😅
Photo of odometer requested.

I’ve got 6000 miles on the new bike now and still love to ride it. The seat is a little small and the suspension is stiff if I had to be negative but overall it’s a great fun machine. New rear tire on now. 😅
Did you dial in the 5 different suspension adjustments? Mine feels very good after spending a good amount of time experimenting, 1 variable at a time.

Here's my story....

I bought my original 2007 Rocket III Classic primarily based on one review. The reviewer stated that no matter where he went, regardless day or night, every time he came back to his bike, there would be a group of people standing around it. The first time I took my Classic out for breakfast, when I returned to the bike, there were 3 or 4 people standing around it. Kid you not!!

As to the comparison between the old Rockets and the new Rockets.
  • I own both a 2014 Rocket III Roadster and a 2020 Rocket 3 GT. I still own both.
  • I have just over 3000kms on the the GT and 43000km on the Roadster.
  • I found myself actually considering selling the GT and keeping the Roadster... UNTIL I took out the Roadster for a spin (fresh gas, rotate the tires, battery, etc.).
The biggest issue with the NEW Rocket GT/R is that is doesn't have the "presence" that the Roadster does. I took my Roadster out for 30 minutes and had 5 people come up and make comments about the bike. Over my 3000km on my GT I've had a few people point, wave, and a couple of thumbs-ups!

What I can say after my little spin on the Roadster is that the GT is a far superior bike. In comparison my Roadster seem sluggish, heavy, awkward (none of which I thought BEFORE owning and riding the the GT). The GT handles like a dream, performs beyond expectations, is silky smooth in the corners and accelerates as fast as I legally should be allowed to without being on a track!!! I used to tell people that my Roadster was like a European Sports car (BMW, Audi) on two wheels. It is amazingly fast and great in the corners. If that is true, then the Rocket GT is an Aston Martin because it does all that without issue, better, faster, stronger... OMFG does this bike go!

The Roadster remains for sale and if it doesn't sell, that's fine, I'll keep it but the GT is the bike for me.

Very cool Doc. 6K is a lot of miles for the short time you have had it. I know you have been hitting the twisties hard and often (among other things). :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's my story....

I bought my original 2007 Rocket III Classic primarily based on one review. The reviewer stated that no matter where he went, regardless day or night, every time he came back to his bike, there would be a group of people standing around it. The first time I took my Classic out for breakfast, when I returned to the bike, there were 3 or 4 people standing around it. Kid you not!!

As to the comparison between the old Rockets and the new Rockets.
  • I own both a 2014 Rocket III Roadster and a 2020 Rocket 3 GT. I still own both.
  • I have just over 3000kms on the the GT and 43000km on the Roadster.
  • I found myself actually considering selling the GT and keeping the Roadster... UNTIL I took out the Roadster for a spin (fresh gas, rotate the tires, battery, etc.).
The biggest issue with the NEW Rocket GT/R is that is doesn't have the "presence" that the Roadster does. I took my Roadster out for 30 minutes and had 5 people come up and make comments about the bike. Over my 3000km on my GT I've had a few people point, wave, and a couple of thumbs-ups!

What I can say after my little spin on the Roadster is that the GT is a far superior bike. In comparison my Roadster seem sluggish, heavy, awkward (none of which I thought BEFORE owning and riding the the GT). The GT handles like a dream, performs beyond expectations, is silky smooth in the corners and accelerates as fast as I legally should be allowed to without being on a track!!! I used to tell people that my Roadster was like a European Sports car (BMW, Audi) on two wheels. It is amazingly fast and great in the corners. If that is true, then the Rocket GT is an Aston Martin because it does all that without issue, better, faster, stronger... OMFG does this bike go!

The Roadster remains for sale and if it doesn't sell, that's fine, I'll keep it but the GT is the bike for me.
Your end result is similar to mine with the prior 07 honda vtx 1800. I loved the honda and unlike you could not afford both. Objectively the comparison is drastic in every way.
Unlike you though I could give a rats a$$ whether more people like one vs other, it's what I think. Glad you kept the gt!

After about 2700 miles i really am happy with this bike!
The one improvement I am wondering about is floorboards. I find my right foot moving around for comfort at long hwy speeds, not slower speeds. I have moved pegs all the way forward, and all the way back, and back is best. Seemscv likeff air pressure causes ldg to move outward unless I use slight muscle to keep it it close to the bike. Wondered about the r pegs as others have, which might solve the problem. No floorboards yet for this bike I suppose. Curious about others thoughts on this?
I think I found a very cheap solution to the right leg flaring out at hwy speeds. Moving my foot as far to the left against the origin of the peg, so that the heal is againt the metal gaurd piece. Top of foot cannot move outward now. Wow. Riding now at hwy speed with totally relaxed leg and comfortable. Amazing how so simple and small a change made such a big difference! Shin with forward controls without shifter extension is perpendicular to the road which seems perfect as well. Mid controls would have feet behind knees. Big bucks saved.

Back