How Satisfied are you with your New 2020 Bike

How satisfied are you with your new 2020 model?

• Completely

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Mostly

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • It’s ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not al all

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
I get a lot of positive comments on the bike, park it somewhere and there is always somebody that comes check it out, funny that 80% think its a 6 cilinder! Lol
The bike is great in almost everything but the design/quality is superb, they thought every little thing through (Wish they would have on the pillion and gave it an extra 2 Inches)

Did you dial in the 5 different suspension adjustments? Mine feels very good after spending a good amount of time experimenting, 1 variable at a time.
I have not done much experimenting with it yet, just riding it. I don’t feel that I have enough experience working suspensions to make adjustments with intent.

Here's my story....

I bought my original 2007 Rocket III Classic primarily based on one review. The reviewer stated that no matter where he went, regardless day or night, every time he came back to his bike, there would be a group of people standing around it. The first time I took my Classic out for breakfast, when I returned to the bike, there were 3 or 4 people standing around it. Kid you not!!

As to the comparison between the old Rockets and the new Rockets.
  • I own both a 2014 Rocket III Roadster and a 2020 Rocket 3 GT. I still own both.
  • I have just over 3000kms on the the GT and 43000km on the Roadster.
  • I found myself actually considering selling the GT and keeping the Roadster... UNTIL I took out the Roadster for a spin (fresh gas, rotate the tires, battery, etc.).
The biggest issue with the NEW Rocket GT/R is that is doesn't have the "presence" that the Roadster does. I took my Roadster out for 30 minutes and had 5 people come up and make comments about the bike. Over my 3000km on my GT I've had a few people point, wave, and a couple of thumbs-ups!

What I can say after my little spin on the Roadster is that the GT is a far superior bike. In comparison my Roadster seem sluggish, heavy, awkward (none of which I thought BEFORE owning and riding the the GT). The GT handles like a dream, performs beyond expectations, is silky smooth in the corners and accelerates as fast as I legally should be allowed to without being on a track!!! I used to tell people that my Roadster was like a European Sports car (BMW, Audi) on two wheels. It is amazingly fast and great in the corners. If that is true, then the Rocket GT is an Aston Martin because it does all that without issue, better, faster, stronger... OMFG does this bike go!

The Roadster remains for sale and if it doesn't sell, that's fine, I'll keep it but the GT is the bike for me.
I get a lot of nice compliments on both bikes old and new.

Photo of odometer requested.
Well I guess I was a little off but I knew it was closer to 5k than 6k. ;) I’ve got few bikes and ride them all so no one bike gets high miles very quickly but we do ride quite a bit.
DA676976-BD2B-4C18-B9D8-7DF1DEE45767.jpeg

Very cool Doc. 6K is a lot of miles for the short time you have had it. I know you have been hitting the twisties hard and often (among other things). :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Like I just posted we ride regularly and it ain’t like a couple of slugs easing down the sidewalk.:ninja: Averaged 1’117.8 miles per month on this one bike. Four other bikes have all seen significant road time also.;)

I really love my new TFC and wonder how you all feel about you new bike? There was a lot of misgivings voiced about it as it was being announced by the old guard on the forum. There was concern about the new electronics, the reliability of a new model, the look being to much of a copy of other bikes, the power it migh or might not produce, it is to small especially for larger riders and general bugs that a completely new model might have.

We have a lot of new blood on here now and I expect it is due to a completely new platform. What say ye guys, are you all pleased?
Really like my 2020 Rocket GT except for the buzz vibes in the first 3 gears on acceleration.. After 3rd, it smooths out nicely.

LOVE this bike, I'm actually waiting for a GT to show up on the used market so I don't run up a bunch of miles on the TFC. Like Doc, I ride a bunch. Already at 5K on the TFC.
Triumph NAILED IT! on this bike.
Good to hear from you again. I am not concerned about miles on my TFC since I may not sell it for quite sometime. I’m sure yours will sell for a better price than mine since I plan on wringing this SOB out pretty good. :laugh:

If I as going to go down the rat hole of engine mods I’d then pick up a used R.

Good to hear from you again. I am not concerned about miles on my TFC since I may not sell it for quite sometime. I’m sure yours will sell for a better price than mine since I plan on wringing this SOB out pretty good. :laugh:

If I as going to go down the rat hole of engine mods I’d then pick up a used R.
Yea, Doc, I don't plan on selling it, but as my dad used to say, "everything is for sale, just need the right number of 0's to the left of the decimal" ;-)

Back