How NOT to remove engine guard bars

stepnet1983

.060 Over
When I removed the engine guards/highway bars to take to be powder coated we removed the necessary bolts to do so - problem ..... I noticed that the top bolt ran through the engine block but did not give it much thought - I figured there was another support system. WRONG!!! This appears to be the only bolt supporting the front of the engine. When I removed the bolt the front of the engine dropped down slightly so that I could not push the bolt back through. My brother and I used a scissor jack along with a short board to protect the bottom of the engine to lift the engine back into place so we could push the bolt back through. There does appear to be two bolts supporting the rear of the engine/transmission. I believe everything is fine - it was only dropped down for a short period of time until I could get help to re position the engine. Started the bike and all seems to be fine. So ..... support the engine before removing the engine guards/highway bars.

What a limp-wristed, PC bullspit site that it censors the word phuck!;)

Hey, .net... Simon says, "Go **** yourself!:p

What a limp-wristed, PC bullspit site that it censors the word phuck!;)

Hey, .net... Simon says, "Go **** yourself!:p

how ******* rude you ****er. some of us sensitive ****ers may not like to **** and hence the stupid ****ers we are may rather words like....

oh "wank" i just dropped my pretty motor?

:roll:

oh well, rules are rules so for **** sake, don't ****in swear!

Thanks for the tip stepnet.

The sensor obviously has a limited vocab!!! There's another word it doesn't pick up, but I won't post it for fear of offending anyone. Let's just say that Michelle has one and Barack is one........ Give it a go; it might still slip through.

Thanks for the tip stepnet.

The sensor obviously has a limited vocab!!! There's another word it doesn't pick up, but I won't post it for fear of offending anyone. Let's just say that Michelle has one and Barack is one........ Give it a go; it might still slip through.

i CANT think of it canberra! lol

how ******* rude you ****er. some of us sensitive ****ers may not like to **** and hence the stupid ****ers we are may rather words like....

oh "wank" i just dropped my pretty motor?

:roll:

oh well, rules are rules so for **** sake, don't ****in swear!

ponters, you have motivated me to adopt a new outlook on life or one might call it "My New Philosophy"...

Yes the auto-censor is strange. As a general rule we try to keep most of the forums work safe. The final drive forum is a little different, it is not viewable by nonmembers and the content isn't picked up by the search engines.

Back