How much stress can the stock crank/ conn rods take?

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I am very new to the R3 and am amazed at how surprisingly easy it is to make power with. Just by reading I've learned that you can get up to 300hp with these things N/A. Is this all with the stock crank and rods? From looking at Carpenters site it looks like most of the work done is in the heads which makes sense to create power you need more flow. What are the weak links that need to be addressed when going to make power? As always thanks for your help.

I am very new to the R3 and am amazed at how surprisingly easy it is to make power with. Just by reading I've learned that you can get up to 300hp with these things N/A. Is this all with the stock crank and rods? From looking at Carpenters site it looks like most of the work done is in the heads which makes sense to create power you need more flow. What are the weak links that need to be addressed when going to make power? As always thanks for your help.
The stock rods and crank are very strong and arent a problem the supercharged bikes have broken cranks from detonation or not having the bike tuned correctly and mounting the supercharger pulley on the crankshaft can cause the end of the crank to fail

In the Carpenter 265 hp package they keep the stock crank shaft, and connecting rods. They do beef up the clutch though.

I'm considering a turbo in the future. Far far future. More than anything I want to learn more about them and how to make them work.

DSC_0046.jpg

Parr's.jpg

Offering to the GODS of BOOST :)

Back