How high can you put the rev limit safely on a stock Roadster?

Ha 9000 on STOCK gear. For a start there is no power up there on a stock bike. Even with the Carpenter dump pipe for drag racing 9000 is way past the power of the engine. For second the spring seat pressure on a STOCK rocket is only 50 lbs. 7000 for any sustained length of time will cost you in valve life etc. I have not been silly enough to try, but I doubt you would get 10 minutes at 9000.Still I suppose that's 50 odd passes of the 1/4 mile if that's your life and soul. Also the bike can be revved as much as one wants, one way or another. A simple PCV and ign module will get you whatever you wish. As Warp says depending on models, 8500, 9000, whatever you can build the engine for.
YEP no point in trying to rev a stock engine over the power peak as NEV says we have reved some of the modded engines to 10 K but thats a different story

Maybe with higher fuel pressure..... there is always more than one way to skin a cat.
I think its because the PCV is just a signal interceptor which overrides the pulse width ratio (80% max) that is set in the ECU and to this date cannot be changed. I bet Wayne McDonald could reprogram that like he added the goodies like the 2 bar lamba sensor in the new tune boy. What I do not know is if the PCV just adds to the signal or ignores it. I suspect it ignores it so tune boy still pulls fuel 400 rpms before the rev limit. I sulose if you new what it was pulling you could fatten it up to negate that. If not bummer lean out. **** maybe I need to save for a used dyno and go to school now that I am retired. Na i am about to give up the horse power and spend more time riding instead of breaking sheet.

TuneboyLIVE doesn't pull fuel before the limiter, I have a log from yesterday afternoon, banged the limiter, still registered 13.1 afr.

Pretty certain this is why the Carp kits require both Tuneboy and PC-V, so they can get the last 20% duty cycle out of the stock injectors, as I understand it PC-V modifies the signal already present so the ECU may cap out at 80% and PC-V will use that plus the % increase you've entered in the PC-V table to reach 100% theoretically.

@Neville Lush - What twists my mind in knots though, is that 360cc injectors are supposedly compatible with the carp 240/265 kit with no fuel pump/pressure/injector mods, just tuneboy and PC-V. Can't wrap my mind around it. Only thing i can think of is that someone isn't telling the whole story, like perhaps the stock triumph fuel pressure isn't 43.5 psi but the injectors are rated at 360 at 43.5?

Last edited:
NO point in over reving a stock engine but reving the modded engines to produce max power isnt a problem for reliability as we have an owner with around 50,000 miles on a 265 HP engine with the 9k rev limit and he uses it as an everday rider with no problems and of course your only reving any bike to the rev limit when you need to spank a sportbike or whatever no ones racing around at redline that often as we all spend most of the riding time cruising and enjoying ourselves at normal speed limits I putt putt around on my modded bike the same as my stock CLASSIC we ride out in the country most of the time on smooth twisty roads away from the traffic

Last edited:
The original poster did specifically ask about a STOCK engine, hence my response. Warp, remember a PCV or PC USB for that matter does nothing to the stock computer, it is a piggy back device and modifies only the signals already generated by the stock ECU. The stock system will work just as normal.

TuneboyLIVE doesn't pull fuel before the limiter, I have a log from yesterday afternoon, banged the limiter, still registered 13.1 afr.

Pretty certain this is why the Carp kits require both Tuneboy and PC-V, so they can get the last 20% duty cycle out of the stock injectors, as I understand it PC-V modifies the signal already present so the ECU may cap out at 80% and PC-V will use that plus the % increase you've entered in the PC-V table to reach 100% theoretically.

@Neville Lush - What twists my mind in knots though, is that 360cc injectors are supposedly compatible with the carp 240/265 kit with no fuel pump/pressure/injector mods, just tuneboy and PC-V. Can't wrap my mind around it. Only thing i can think of is that someone isn't telling the whole story, like perhaps the stock triumph fuel pressure isn't 43.5 psi but the injectors are rated at 360 at 43.5?

Not sure why you're thinking that, I know Carpenter installed a higher pressure fuel pump in mine, they bent the float rod apparently, and it never reads higher than 5/8 full

Pretty sure bigger injectors too, but not as sure about that, maybe only on the 265 kit

before i upgraded the fuel system i ran a bench test on the stock setup and found it to be regulated to exactly 3 bar (43.5psi)
stock system flowed at a rate of about 3.4 lpm at 3 bar.

Back