How fast have you ridden your Rocket III?

How FAST (etc.)?:

Fast enough for a one-month driving/riding license suspension. And the CHF equivalent of a $400 fine. A few years ago, it was. In early April. Around 9:00 am. Cold. Plenty of snow left on nearby fields. No one on that particular, little-known mountain road up to the Swiss Jura Alps.

But me. And a radar trap:eek:.

It's that FIRST indictment that you want to avoid;)

Jamie

Jamie, We have a area like that that I like to take my bike up there too. Can see pretty far - no hills, no curves and really wide split four lane highway. Should be able to see if an deer or other critter might intercept us. Also should be able to see the area police. But there are a couple of smaller roads that intercept with it. I figure one of these days there will be a radar sitting pretty far back and hidden by trees on one of those roads that will get us when we are racing. Unfortunately at those speeds it will probably be an automatic visit to to the local historic jail and a fine that will take me months to pay off. There is another Rocket that we ride with that keeps adding stuff to his bike and then trying to outrun me. I don't have GPS on mine to verify the speed but I know I take it to the limit on my speedo. Oh and by the way he still can't keep up. :eek:

Not nosebleed levels but ...

Took her up over the 145 mark on the speedo reading 2 months after picking up the bike new in 2006. Am hearing the GPS speed may be low. Handle bar mounted Garmin seemed 4-5 mph low agains the RIII speedo. Not sure about the 8% anymore. My speedo reading seemed in line with Gold Wing buddy at the sub-100 speeds.

The day was clear - no wind - nice smooth, separated dual lane non-freeway (State Hiway 70) between Roswell New Mexico and Rui Doso. The next day with a crazy VTX rider - hit 135 on I25 heading back to Colorado before we both felt the front to back wobble (tank slapper to be) and backed off. Was walking away from him at the time. Wind or road condition - not sure which.

Only 120s since then - once with the wife in tow on her 1200 Low Sportster with "enhanced" carburetion. Held it above 100 98% of the way straight North from Taos, NM area north to Fort Garland. 100 miles with a town in between in less than an hour!

BTW - don't let your wife over-hear that your "speedo is off" when on your man-cation! Buddies are still laughing.

different tires than stock, little tuning here and there. 177 (gps) in houston HOV lanes. figured the lanes would do two things. one keep traffic out of my lane when I hit 100+, and second was if I did wipe it, make for some pretty cartwheels.

back to regular wheels and put gov back to stock. gotta play on the safer side for a while longer.

185kmh with 2up and 50kg of luggage on a R3T :eek: with the Handbrake on LOUD :mad: !!! (WIFE) had to try out the overtaking ability if was ever required was my excuse ?? he he , ps still got the bruises.

Back