on the plus side I have several lawyers willing to represent me for free

I’d represent you for free too at the cool rate of 40 to 60% of the winnings. Free sounds great, but just make sure you read the fine print so you still get the compensation your due.

I’d represent you for free too at the cool rate of 40 to 60% of the winnings. Free sounds great, but just make sure you read the fine print so you still get the compensation your due.

Big mistake to:
1) Hire a lawyer you know.
2) Hire a lawyer that does not exclusively work PI (personal injury) cases.

Just a thought . . .
Sometimes in an off forces can tweak the forks within the triple clamps.
Perhaps loosen the clamps on the forks (one at a time) and allow the fork tubes to re center within the tripli clamps.

Good point...indeed the forks were twisted a bit in the clamps and they claim they have corrected them and that the fork tubes are still straight/true.. I’m thinking I’m going to go over all these things myself though!

Twisted forks in the clamps could definitely cause a little weave. Hopefully that's all it was.

well that was apparently checked and straightened and the problem continues.
It has improved a little tightening the steering head bearing adjuster nut and with stickier tyres (running avon cobra chromes) but its still there.
They have stated they have checked the engine mounting bolts too. I am requesting they run the bike through a laser frame alignment machine to determine how true the frame is or whether there has been any flex.... I know frames can be slightly off even from factory. Given that the bike did the high side flick and then tumbled taking most of the energy to the crash bars (so to the frame) I would imagine flex is possible. If they don't approve it I'll just do it myself - its only $250AUD

its a weird one - the bike looks like new, but it aint riding that way. Its not a severe oscillation, but i am wary of what could get worse over time, particularly when it felt rock solid prior to accident.

on a side note, those cobra chrome tyres are a massive improvement, why Triumph ever put the Metz on to begin with is beyond me....

Have a family member who does masses of that work as chance would have it! I trust them.

Tis good that you are happy and you may then even be fortunate to get the deal best for you.
But believe me after 45 years in the biz, you're the exception.

Tis good that you are happy and you may then even be fortunate to get the deal best for you.
But believe me after 45 years in the biz, you're the exception.

yes and I understand the general don't mix business with personal contacts - been burnt in business with friends before.

yes and I understand the general don't mix business with personal contacts - been burnt in business with friends before.

Just curious. Do not answer if you don't wish.
Did your "family friend" wave his cut after expenses were paid?

Back