Some years had a high-speed relay, available, unfortunately, only at the stealership. The aftermarket relays may work, but dont fit. Yours is in that group.

DF79800F-6716-46B5-93B9-9208A4FDE0F1.jpeg
Update,

So bike has been picked up and is going to be run through a frame align machine.

However just before pickup I did notice that the fork on the right when facing bike is 1.9mm higher than the other... see attached image... I measured with calipers.

Would one fork tube being a slightly different height cause a high speed minor weave?

i also had a bad metz and with it i only took my hands off the bars one time to put on my sun glasses
it was like a dog with water in his ears.
finally wore out that metz and went with the cobra. but i also know that some has had trouble with it.

Update,

bike has been run through frame alignment machine - frame is straight.
parts not repalced will be and forks adjusted to be dead even.

at this point Im concerned that the bike will still show a problem but assuming if it does its fixable? they insist the bearings are fine.

ideas?

DF79800F-6716-46B5-93B9-9208A4FDE0F1.jpeg
Update,

So bike has been picked up and is going to be run through a frame align machine.

However just before pickup I did notice that the fork on the right when facing bike is 1.9mm higher than the other... see attached image... I measured with calipers.

Would one fork tube being a slightly different height cause a high speed minor weave?

Absolutely could trigger the wobble. Think about it, with the axle in place, the forks are essentially a single moving component, with one leg shorter, that is going to lean the tire slightly, into the direction of the shorter tube. Additionally, it's going to cause a miss-alignment of the front wheel left to right. Now, your front wheel is going to be leaning, and not rolling straight, so out of alignment with the rear wheel and direction of travel. The lean of the front wheel will cause instability because you're adapting to the constant attempt by the bike to turn, and the miss-alignment is going to cause a wobble.

Push the forks down in the triples until the bottom of the top nut/top of the fork stancion is flush with the top of the upper triple clamp on both sides.

Back