High Idle Problem

Mine started with Triumph's TOR canned tune. Doubt that is the problem.

I hate to say it, but you may have to take it to a Power Commander tuner. It could be a problem with the unit itself and the only way to determine that is with another one.

The only do it yourself diagnosis tool is to load the TuneECU software into your laptop and plug into the bike to determine what the parameters are and what's going on different with an without the PCIII. I'm not suggesting altering the ECM base program, just use it to diagnose. If this is over your head or more than you want to tackle, take it to a tuner. It's money well spent anyway, you can get a custom dyno tune while you are there.

I have connected up the R3 to tune ECU with and without the PCIII connected. Without the PCIII connected the TPS dial is constantly on zero and the idle is stable at 850 rpm. When the PCIII connected the TPS dial is varying between 0 and 3 and the idle is very between 1250 and 1900 rpm.:(:(:(

No idea why this is happening other than as someone else has mentioned that the Triumph ECU should have a standard map loaded not the TORS and Decat map.

If anyone have any other ideas why this is happing please let me know. I will speak to Dyna Jet here in the UK on Tuesday when the reopen after the national holiday.

Barry

Mine started with Triumph's TOR canned tune. Doubt that is the problem.

I hate to say it, but you may have to take it to a Power Commander tuner. It could be a problem with the unit itself and the only way to determine that is with another one.

The only do it yourself diagnosis tool is to load the TuneECU software into your laptop and plug into the bike to determine what the parameters are and what's going on different with an without the PCIII. I'm not suggesting altering the ECM base program, just use it to diagnose. If this is over your head or more than you want to tackle, take it to a tuner. It's money well spent anyway, you can get a custom dyno tune while you are there.

I know that eveytime i placed a new Map into the ECU I did a tps reset and that got rid of high idling. Im sure if u go into pc3 there may be a similar programme. But as much as i didnt like it, iplaced a tune into my ECU and only use the pc3 to trim the fuel out in the lower gears to get rid of decel popping (which still occurs just not as bad).

Its def worth getting and OD2 cable for the ECU as there is a map that is perfect for ur set up out there.

If I had to guess .... I'd say there was something wrong with the PCIII box you have.

Call Power Commander tech help on Monday and put the question to them.

Back