majikdoc

RATED X
Ride
Rocket X 095
I installed the ramair and did the 12 min tune. We left for Jekyll Island and about 63 miles into the trip, istarted having power issues. We had run through some very heavy rain. We stopped at Burger King im Tifton and the bike started and ran fine then at a stop light it stalled.on takeoff and I found I had no power.bike idels smoothly and at about 950 rpm.no starting issues.and no idiot lights.shifts smoothly but the throttle feels tight. I made the rest of the trip at 70 mph and could not getmit above 3000 rpm. No tools or tune ecu except the bikes.tool kit. Am retrying the 12 min tune. Anyone got any ideas. I really don't want to limp home.

Check you vacuum lines and the cheap plastic connector between the three and the main one going to the map sensor. And make sure with engine off you can freely open and lose the throttle completely. If not look at the #1 lower throttle body clamp I've seen them get rotated and hit the throttle wheel. Stopping you from opening the thottle much over 3000.

Checked all the vacume lines and the cables are free for the amount they move. And repositioned the clamp on the ramair. I can't even manually push the primarys open at the throttle body wheel. Somthing is jamming it and I cant see what.

Did you check the clamps under the throttle bodies. Something might of got out of kilter pulling that plastic plumbing off. You should be able to open the throttle very easily at the throttle wheel with a couple fingers, if not you definitely need to find out whats been disturbed and is bound.

Will do too hotn in the parking lot right now. Will take a flashlight out later. No real tools but I think i can pull the ramair and look. I hope it's not inside the throttle bodys.

if u cannot find anything on the outside
just to be on the safe side i would look down inside the throttle bodies (Primary's) and see if there is something in there. if for example there is a nut jamming the plates and it drops into the engine it is going to make a mess.

Back