Weird Touring miss problem

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
I've had a problem with low rpm roll on since last summer, got worse in rain or damp. I just had my bike in the shop, he looked everywhere for any loose connections or mouse chewed wires, found nothing except maybe one plug wire nor on tight, and he said one of the ecu plugs seemed not clicked on all the way, but nothing definitive. I suggested he look at plugs, and change them as long as he had them put, but oddly, to me anyway, they all looked good and even color.
So I got it back and problem was gone, 100 miles, rained on, problem seemed completely gone. Now I'm out on a ride, dry conditions, it suddenly came back worse than before, and a new thing is when it starts missing, tach readout on PC pod display goes to 0 rpm, as it stops missing goes back to normal reading. Carpenter package, the display issue makes me wonder if it's the power commander, just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before?

I've had a problem with low rpm roll on since last summer, got worse in rain or damp. I just had my bike in the shop, he looked everywhere for any loose connections or mouse chewed wires, found nothing except maybe one plug wire nor on tight, and he said one of the ecu plugs seemed not clicked on all the way, but nothing definitive. I suggested he look at plugs, and change them as long as he had them put, but oddly, to me anyway, they all looked good and even color.
So I got it back and problem was gone, 100 miles, rained on, problem seemed completely gone. Now I'm out on a ride, dry conditions, it suddenly came back worse than before, and a new thing is when it starts missing, tach readout on PC pod display goes to 0 rpm, as it stops missing goes back to normal reading. Carpenter package, the display issue makes me wonder if it's the power commander, just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before?

Possible bad coil? particularly the one they tapped off of for the tach?
Is it ok when the bike is cold?
I had a similar problem on a different bike and it was the coil. Only acted up when hot!
Just my thoughts!

That was an initial thought, acts like it looses spark, but he said wires looked good. It is also the hottest day of the year so far today, so very possible. I just filled up and noticed even the tank felt hot. I had him check low tension leads, too

That was an initial thought, acts like it looses spark, but he said wires looked good. It is also the hottest day of the year so far today, so very possible. I just filled up and noticed even the tank felt hot. I had him check low tension leads, too

Check the resistance on the low side and compare it to the other two coils. They should all have the same resistance give or take 10percent.

Low tension leads was the first thing I told him to check, because I remember seeing threads on it

Back