JohnPanter

.020 Over
Sutton in Ashfield (5 minutes from J28 M1
Ride
2004 Rocket supercharged,Hayabusa, GL1800
Hi all, Had a clunking noise started at the bottom of the engine on my 04 rocket. When dropping into 1st - in traffic or at a junction - and pulling clutch in, the engine clunks and the bike tries to judder slowly forward. Realised it was probably time to fit the new Barnett clutch plates and springs and also do the camchain and guides. Got the clutch plates out just and found a deep (1mm) groove on one of the inner clutch basket posts and 'judder marks on two other posts! Think the basket needs replaced. Any ideas on what caused this? and recommendations for a better basket? I have 300 bhp at the rear wheel.

Hi all, Had a clunking noise started at the bottom of the engine on my 04 rocket. When dropping into 1st - in traffic or at a junction - and pulling clutch in, the engine clunks and the bike tries to judder slowly forward. Realised it was probably time to fit the new Barnett clutch plates and springs and also do the camchain and guides. Got the clutch plates out just and found a deep (1mm) groove on one of the inner clutch basket posts and 'judder marks on two other posts! Think the basket needs replaced. Any ideas on what caused this? and recommendations for a better basket? I have 300 bhp at the rear wheel.
You ought to read the other two threads and combine them along with deleting this one! Or stuff will get confusing.

Back