SeanR111

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3
Hi fellow headcases my Rocket has fallen evil to the dreaded instrument failure, can anyone direct me to a replacement instrument setup where I can get GPS speedo and all the functions that is currently on my machine? I have been checking out the KOSO DB-01RN has anyone experienced this sand is it suitable? Cheers, Sean

@barbagris is a bit of an expert on these things.

It would be handy to know what model and year your bike is as that will affect the answer.

Hi, it was registered in 2005 that’s why got it, prefer the alloy engine low mileage and well cared for. Does this help?

The only aftermarket full clusters I have seen documented are the KOSO RX-2N and the Dakota Digital.
Other makes have been fitted - but I have never seen the wiring details.

However Kosos are all well documented - If you can get hold of a copy of the users manual (the wiring bit) we can make sure.
Jon at Digital Speedos in the UK is pretty understanding - he might be prepared to copy that page.

So far every Koso I have seen has the same wire colours - which helps. I have a couple of speedos here now.
And they will interchange as they are all to the same standards (unless they specifically say they are for a specific bike).

We also have his electricness @DEcosse on hand for assistance.
I was doing some R&D - but had to stop in May (I was in the UK) and have not been able to get back into the groove.
To be honest I simply have too much going on at home and work.

Have a read here An R+D Thread - Different instruments.

If it were me I would get a new set of connectors and NOT hack existing wiring. Mainly because the Triumph loom is bulky anyway.
But I am so minded. It's all pretty much in that thread noted above. Diagrams, wire colours etc. Connectors etc etc.
There are some things you need to add to make sure the speedo sensor works etc - but we can guide you through that.

One question: Do you have a GPS device of any sort? - SatNav or phone. It's going to help when it comes to speedo calibration. No biggie if not.

Also - I would offer this for consideration.
We know that you can muck about with the speedo via the ECU. Though doing so stuffs the ODO reading a bit.
The stock tacho is optimistic. Whether this is the tacho itself or the ECU signal - I don't know.
But with aftermarket clocks you CAN choose to wire them to OTHER speed/rev sources.
Just a thought.

I have one of the Dakota below that I fitted to my 05, got it SH off Mittzy for a bike I am rebuilding put it on my rider as I liked it so much.

Hooded Speedometer/ Tachometer Information Center

Quality is really good.

Does more than the stock instrument cluster and saved my butt on my last big ride when the alternator plug I had not fitted properly came unplugged,

Wiring plan below

Dakotawiring-1.jpg

Get the correct plug from cycleterminal.com, wire it, program it and away you go.

Back