Heavyweight Battle: Rocket 3 R vs Diavel 1260 S

My take (as if anyone cares!). The Diavel had a quick shifter and the Rocket used the clutch. The Rocket seemed to continuously bounce around in the rev limiter while going through the gears. We all know the Rocket in stock mapping really limits itself in all RPMs and starts shutting down at 5.5K. I wonder how the Rocket would do with a quick shifter and an unrestricted Penner's map???? Wish someone with this set up and a friend with a Diavel could then compare the two! Anyone?

Last edited:
My take (as if anyone cares!). The Diavel had a quick shifter and the Rocket used the clutch. The Rocket seemed to continuously bounce around in the rev limiter while going through the gears. We all know the Rocket in stock mapping really limits itself in all RPMs and starts shutting down at 5.5K. I wonder how the Rocket would do with a quick shifter and an unrestricted Penner's map???? Wish someone with this set up and a friend with a Diavel could then compare the two! Anyone?
@Mittzy has a quickshifter on his Ltd Edition TFC version I think and @Claviger fitted an aftermarket quickshifter to his monster Roadster at some stage but I cannot remember how it fared.

Last edited:
The one I saw was just over a half mile sorry a drag race as God intended it to be is 1/4 mile. The 2nd thing reaction time is a thing in drag racing and so is not bouncing of the rev imiter 3 or 4 times.

These boys may be pretty quick on a road course but the Rocket 3 deserves a decent rider. The results might be the same but the margin would not be that huge.

Back