Hayabusa owner changing to R3

Welcome aboard!

Like Clav, I rode a Daytona 955i for years and it spoiled me. But when my hips began to protest trips over an hour long, I sold it. When the bug bit again years later, the Rocket was the obvious choice. A Corbin seat, Clearview windshield and hiway pegs made it possible to do 2500+ miles in a week...with a stupid grin on my face the whole time!

Also...although you're not gonna get the Rocket to carve corners like a Busa, it doesn't take much to make it launch as hard as one.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

Like Clav, I rode a Daytona 955i for years and it spoiled me. But when my hips began to protest trips over an hour long, I sold it. When the bug bit again years later, the Rocket was the obvious choice. A Corbin seat, Clearview windshield and hiway pegs made it possible to do 2500+ miles in a week...with a stupid grin on my face the whole time!

Also...although you're not gonna get the Rocket to carve corners like a Busa, it doesn't take much to make it launch as hard as one.
Thanks I'm gonna take all the performance mods off mine shortly that'll be a start

I had a busa for a while. I also have a blade. My main ride is rocket classic. The rocket is everything too all. Big muslebound and quick. And u can feel the power rather than just seeing it on a dial. And when u want more u get a mod and start over. :)

Hi I own a Gen1 Busa and have owned a few. I have changed my bars to accept renthal bars and lowered the foot pegs slightly. The Busa is a quick machine (especially considering it’s age) but the Rocket is much more comfortable and still passes traffic with probably more ease due to its torque. On the twisted the Busa will slaughter it but it’s so much lighter and so much easier to chuck around. I know how to ride I’ve been at it for over 30 years. I chopped in a Yamaha MT-10 for the Rocket so I could take myself and my Mrs in comfort AND style abroad on holiday. For this it’s been great- I do still have a hankering for an MT-10 which will slaughter both the Busa and Rocket for balls out excitement! But only the Busa for comfort! I’m only 5’8” but manage my 2016 Roadster no problem both feet flat on the floor. There is no bike on the planet that creates a reaction with passers by like the Rocket does! Plan ahead when stopping and parking and watch out for tight mini roundabouts and you’ll be fine! I recommend the Rocket whole heartedly!

I had my rocket 6 months. First month Scary in a good way. Working out the cornering and clearance, after 3 months I was back to passing R1s. Once u learn to plan a bit further in advance u just lean it in then nail the exit with all that torque. I put straight bars and additional footpegs on mine. Awsome!

I had my rocket 6 months. First month Scary in a good way. Working out the cornering and clearance, after 3 months I was back to passing R1s. Once u learn to plan a bit further in advance u just lean it in then nail the exit with all that torque. I put straight bars and additional footpegs on mine. Awsome!

One of my winter projects is going back to my drag bars from my T-bars. Just love the feel of low forward bars, feels like a giant overpowered overweight sportsbike.

One of my winter projects is going back to my drag bars from my T-bars. Just love the feel of low forward bars, feels like a giant overpowered overweight sportsbike.
Hi Clav
Got any pics of the two bar set ups?
Just out of curiosity.....

I've a ton on my other phone, but I'll snap some new ones tomorrow while I do the work.
Thanks Clav.

Always curious to see what can be done to our R3's from a performance, handling and aesthetic stance. Have spent numerous hours trolling through this excellent site reading and viewing the pictures, absorbing all I can about these very best of mechanical of machines.

I have had numerous bikes all my life and been hugely passionate about them, but frankly my R3R has kicked this up another notch.....i am very grateful to all those on this site you are all so supportive and helpful. Hats off to all of you.....

Back