Hayabusa owner changing to R3

Hi I own a Gen1 Busa and have owned a few. I have changed my bars to accept renthal bars and lowered the foot pegs slightly. The Busa is a quick machine (especially considering it’s age) but the Rocket is much more comfortable and still passes traffic with probably more ease due to its torque. On the twisted the Busa will slaughter it but it’s so much lighter and so much easier to chuck around. I know how to ride I’ve been at it for over 30 years. I chopped in a Yamaha MT-10 for the Rocket so I could take myself and my Mrs in comfort AND style abroad on holiday. For this it’s been great- I do still have a hankering for an MT-10 which will slaughter both the Busa and Rocket for balls out excitement! But only the Busa for comfort! I’m only 5’8” but manage my 2016 Roadster no problem both feet flat on the floor. There is no bike on the planet that creates a reaction with passers by like the Rocket does! Plan ahead when stopping and parking and watch out for tight mini roundabouts and you’ll be fine! I recommend the Rocket whole heartedly!

For a large cruiser it has more oomph than anything else out there. Take one for a demo ride sometime and see if it makes you grin silly. Good luck.

Hi, I'm new to R3 owners site I'm looking a little info on the R3 roadster. I've owned the gen 2 busa 11 years but now lose the feeling in my throttle hand when riding due to compressed nerves in my neck. The only answer is a powerful cruiser and I think the R3 would be a good move after a hayabusa. Living in Northern Ireland there's not many in shops I'm waiting until the local triumph dealer gets one in. I'm a little concerned about weight and seat width I'm 5ft 7in. I plan to bring one back from the mainland probably in the new year as I've to put my bike back to standard over the winter before I sell. The only camparision I've ridden is the m1800r intruder I didn't really like it though. I need to get rid of the top end speed of my bike anyway too many police lol.

Welcome from Massachusetts!
I bought my R3T for the same reason, coming off BMWs for decades. Never realized there were so many captains with the same Neurological issues as I have. Nice to be normal again. Have fun with your racket and ride safe.

I have neck problems too, still have my Daytona 955, but really don't ride it.

The R3R is a really good choice for a busa replacement.

If you ride well cornering will be about 80% of the pace of a the Busa, but is still quite rewarding.

Have fun.

Hi, I'm new to R3 owners site I'm looking a little info on the R3 roadster. I've owned the gen 2 busa 11 years but now lose the feeling in my throttle hand when riding due to compressed nerves in my neck. The only answer is a powerful cruiser and I think the R3 would be a good move after a hayabusa. Living in Northern Ireland there's not many in shops I'm waiting until the local triumph dealer gets one in. I'm a little concerned about weight and seat width I'm 5ft 7in. I plan to bring one back from the mainland probably in the new year as I've to put my bike back to standard over the winter before I sell. The only camparision I've ridden is the m1800r intruder I didn't really like it though. I need to get rid of the top end speed of my bike anyway too many police lol.

Welcome from Western NC, USA. I'm 5'5" on a good day and about 160 lbs. You can definitely manage the bike at stops, parking, etc. Once she's rolling we're all created equal. I have the Roadster which is a good choice. It's two bikes in one.- the Roadster near home and a decent touring machine with the addition of bags and a windshield. I just returned from an overnight camping trip today. The Roadster without windshield for this trip....
IMG_3897 copy.jpg

Welcome from Western NC, USA. I'm 5'5" on a good day and about 160 lbs. You can definitely manage the bike at stops, parking, etc. Once she's rolling we're all created equal. I have the Roadster which is a good choice. It's two bikes in one.- the Roadster near home and a decent touring machine with the addition of bags and a windshield. I just returned from an overnight camping trip today. The Roadster without windshield for this trip....
IMG_3897 copy.jpg
With EZ Brackets for the bags, and the quick release sissy bar from @Mittzy it takes less than 3 minutes to go from travel ready to street fighter.
Sandy Hook.jpeg
20180225_154751.jpg

With EZ Brackets for the bags, and the quick release sissy bar from @Mittzy it takes less than 3 minutes to go from travel ready to street fighter.
Sandy Hook.jpeg
20180225_154751.jpg

@Steel and I both have Roadsters, but they are very different performing machines. I you are looking for something to really replace the Busa, he's definitely one of the folks on this site to talk to.

Back