Hayabusa owner changing to R3

Wes

Wes
Ride
Hayabusa
Hi, I'm new to R3 owners site I'm looking a little info on the R3 roadster. I've owned the gen 2 busa 11 years but now lose the feeling in my throttle hand when riding due to compressed nerves in my neck. The only answer is a powerful cruiser and I think the R3 would be a good move after a hayabusa. Living in Northern Ireland there's not many in shops I'm waiting until the local triumph dealer gets one in. I'm a little concerned about weight and seat width I'm 5ft 7in. I plan to bring one back from the mainland probably in the new year as I've to put my bike back to standard over the winter before I sell. The only camparision I've ridden is the m1800r intruder I didn't really like it though. I need to get rid of the top end speed of my bike anyway too many police lol.

Welcome to the site Wes from Northern Ontario. Glad you are considering the Rocket. If you are looking for new, there aren't many of the Roadster models left since 2018 was the last year they were made. The new 2500 model is due out late this year. You won't be disappointed when comparing it to any other cruisers on the market. (Were talking cruisers, not converted ****** rockets)

Never ridden a Hayabusa or a sport bike due to the neck issue that you have. The Rocket is no Buza but it satifies. I like mine a lot. Good power to cost ratio. Never heard anyone here complain that the Rocket did not fit their height except for giants.

Go try a KTM Super Duke. You go tell him Anthony. You will be smoking your old Buza buddies in all gears and in the curvy roads.

Good luck with your bike hunting.

Welcome to the family! I'm a touring rider...but a bunch of Roadster Captains will jump in...
-MIG

Welcome from North Wales, I used to ride hayabusa but found wrist and neck ache after 200 miles. Roadster is a great buy and seem to be holding even increasing in value.
I loved my busa I even fitted renthal road bars to try and keep it but the symptoms only go away when my arms are nearly at shoulder height. Most naked bikes have low bars and cruisers are the only bikes that look good with higher bars or extensions. I need to test one the dealer will ring me when one is available

Back