Have you done it yet?

Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
We’ve all seen the Video of professional riders doing rolling smoke shows, and wheelie pulls on the R3r . Have you tried it? I used to pull wheelies on my dirt bikes ( naturally 🙄). I’ve never owned a Jap rocket, and never done blisteringly crazy sh@t on a street bike. ( pavement is so much more painful to FK up on than dirt lol). And I’m financially incapable of recovering from “a mistake”. I know I could on this fkin beast. I’ve set up the instrument panel to where I want it. I’ve never ridden it in anything other than sport mode. Never once. The throttle thrill is a dopamine rush to be sure. I’ve just not popped my jam cherry on this thing yet. Oh, n the wife would fkin kill me if I wiped it out. 😗guess I’m a saddled man eh lol. But I digress......have you guys done it yet ?

I've rolled a little smoke but no intentional wheelies.
Personally, I would wheelie it before smoking it. Actually I’ve never smoked a bike tire. With a wheelie, the tire is still connected to the pavement. With a smoke show..( in my completely unprofessional opinion), the bike is “ fluid” , and subjected to multiple factors of...” error”. .... wow. Someone one here has already called me a *****. I guess maybe I am.....Oh No. I’m in my 60’s now. N have probably earned my caution.....lol ...Up way to late.

They happen frequently on my ZX14, though never unexpectedly and rarely more than 6" off the ground. I don't think I've ever done one on my Rocket, though I'm sure I could. Tires are expensive and work better when they're not square, so I prefer not to smoke them.

Broke loose the rear on occasion but out in the back streets so no harm no foul. I have no desire to wheelie on this bike as when you come down forks, fluids and plastic will go flying in every direction. I never mastered easy landings on wheelies so I'll leave that to someone with that talent. Besides, since it's all on the backroads no one will see me other than a few squirrels and an occasional rattlesnake. 🐿️🪱

I've spun my tire a few times as well. I'm not convinced you can wheelie it without popping the clutch to a degree. Do we have the rear traction to bring the front off the ground vice spinning the tire? Hmm...

Back