has anyone ever put our beloved monster R3 engine in another vehicle?

I recently purchased a winter project and was going to ask if anyone has put the R3 engine in another frame (Triumph of course) I am considering my R3T as a donor to its older cousin a 71 Spitfire MkIV , (and getting a 2016 R3T) anyone know of anyone doing this?
2015-09-19 16.00.34.jpg
Had a GEO Metro with a 1.0 liter 3 cylinder and no power. Just sold a 76 spitfire. Never thought of putting R3 engine in it. Frame would probably warp from all the power.

It,s funny some people think a R3 on song sounds a bit like a spitfire (the RR V12 Merlin one) in Oz some of those Triumph Heralds snuck in with the other English cars and a few spitfires as well,they mostly were driven by ponces in corduroy trousers and polar necked skivvies along with the scooter brigade:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I can say without a shadow of a doubt , that the r3 in any shape or guise will ever sound anything even remotely like this ....

Attachments

• 20161215_212125.jpg
    20161215_212125.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I would think the weight of the Spit would be an issue for the clutch/transmission of the R3. I had a friend who, 25 years ago, used a motorcycle set up in a Westfield (a Lotus 7 copy) and I believe used a VW transaxle for reverse and final drive. That was one screaming set up, but the weight was half of a Spit.

Back