Lots of clubbies ( 1%ers) in Australia ride Rockets. We even have a couple of long established 1%er clubs that have members that have always ridden Jap bikes. I am the only Rocket rider in my club, the couple of members that have ridden my bike or been on the back have been pretty impressed. I've had Harleys since i was in my early 20's and doubt if i'll have another one...as my daily ride bike anyway.
I thought the 1%er's down under rode those in line 4 Jap bikes like in Mad Max !?!? :cool:

... And were chased by the Bronze. LOL

Like i said before, wait till i get my ninja 250 out of hibernation, i will smoke you all!!:D:D

I like em all!

Now, now kiddies, we need not play where we are not welcomed or invited. You don't see HD boys crashing our parties...or Jap sport-bikers raiding Triumph dealerships! We need to be less thin-skinned about our choice to ride British Iron. No histrionics and chest puffing required at Harley watering holes. They have theirs and we have ours. Frankly, I love all kinds of bikes and if I had the deep pockets of a.......Jay Leno.....I'd have a similar collection of HUNDREDS of differing bikes, hot rods and other curiosities of the open road!!!:cool:

Boudin, now that's eattin' right there...
I'd like to have a couple pounds of that right now...
Of course, a couple pounds of crayfish wouldn't hurt nothin' either..
Coon ass music, some of the best times of my life were around South Louisiana..

Boudin, now that's eattin' right there...
I'd like to have a couple pounds of that right now...
Of course, a couple pounds of crayfish wouldn't hurt nothin' either..
Coon ass music, some of the best times of my life were around South Louisiana..
Crayfish is in season now!! Boudin I can get anytime. I have to drive to Jennings,La to get the best. Come on over and I can fix you up with both. Coon ass music ??? I have to be at a party to appreciate it, otherwise it just gets on my nerves.

That reminds me of the Nashville Raid in 07, Her3tic, myself, 'lil Joe and Dave (Scot in Exile) were at the Bikini Bar (what passes for a Harley biker bar in Nashville) and I went into the restroom there and changed into my "Harley's...it's whats for Dinner" t-shirt. Got some lookers on our four Rockets parked there ('lil Joe had just traded in his Harley for a 2005 or 6 Rocket Standard) and a few wanted us to "Do a burn out Man!" when we left...we didn't...needed the tire tread for the trip home:D.

This was right before 'lil Joe had his helmet stolen while we were eating at Hooters and before we made our mad dash across Nashville (with me in the lead, 'lil Joe in the middle and Dave bringing up the rear) and beyond towards Memphis to get him a helmet (at Walmart...about 40 miles west of Nashville) so he could ride legally (he was helmetless :eek: till we got back to the hotel and borrowed my extra helmet so we could get to the Walmart).

Sorry Baggage1...you missed a great trip...you had just wrecked the week before.

Dennis

70 dtg Dubai
71 dtg Home for good!

There is an old saying "Having lots of money won't change you. It'll only make you more of what you already are." I wonder if there is a correlation to motorcycles? Maybe if you think your bike is "bad" it'll make you more of what you already are? If your already an a__hole and you think your bike is "bad" then you'll just act like a bigger a__hole. Just a theory.

I'm with most of the folks on this forum. If you ride, it's cool. Doesn't matter what you ride. But if you overload your ass with your mouth, I may ask you to prove it.:cool: Maybe, some guys aren't worth the gas. Especially these days.

Love HD's and may own one some day. Down side is performance, which most of them lack. Still, pretty motorbikes. When we visit the "functions" at the local HD dealers, never hear a cross word about the Beast. The sales people always want to sell, but nobody says anything about an "upgrade." For now, the Beast is not for sale or trade.

We trudge on.

Back