nolton

Living Legend
Ride
2009 black standard
I visited a Harley store today. Wearing a Triumph shirt and riding the Rocket.
The response was not what I had expected. Some of the people just looked at me kind of funny. A sales lady acted like she didn't even see the shirt. The coolest part was some guys from New Braunfels, TX noticed my darkside and came to check out the bike. After explaining the CT, one guy said that some of his friends swear by BMW and Triumph. He said that he had always wanted to ride one but then he gestured to his colors. I didn't recognize the club or remember the name. I was too busy watching these guys circle the bike pointing and speaking in spanish. One guy was talking about the CT and said something to his lady. She immediately told him F***you and said something real fast in spanish. That ended the tour.
Another guy said something about my backyard probably aint full of parts and parts of..............he pointed at the Harleys.

That's awesome! I have a friend that owns a harley dealership. I take my scout there all the time. I also do all my dyno work there. I get nothing but respect from the riders and the people who work there. Occasionally some squid runs his mouth off...then I take his money! Either on the dyno or on the street! I love it!

Lots of clubbies ( 1%ers) in Australia ride Rockets. We even have a couple of long established 1%er clubs that have members that have always ridden Jap bikes. I am the only Rocket rider in my club, the couple of members that have ridden my bike or been on the back have been pretty impressed. I've had Harleys since i was in my early 20's and doubt if i'll have another one...as my daily ride bike anyway.

V Rod

I don't understand the attitude that most of these guy's have..i had harleys for years and i traded my 07 fatboy for an 09 vrod muscle..just fancied a change
Most of them refused to except that it was a real harley because it was liquid cooled
Makes you wonder what their going to do when the inevitable happens :eek:
I like all motorbikes..sure some are better than others..but i wouldn't disrespect
a man because he's riding a bike i don't like.
We all ride bikes and that's good enough for me :cool:

Ray

I like all motorbikes..sure some are better than others..but i wouldn't disrespect
a man because he's riding a bike i don't like.
We all ride bikes and that's good enough for me :cool:

Ray

..amen.....................

To me, if you ride a motorcycle you become a member of a brotherhood. We all enjoy the ride and ride what we like and can afford, and should respect everyones rides.

Hold that thought...it is a great idea but there are some who don't subscribe to that philosophy. Hopefully, we won't run into that many of those type of riders.

Don't get me wrong...I do my share of kidding on some makes...but if they are riding (which is a lot more than I am currently doing) they are "getting it" and enjoying what a lot of people have no idea what they are missing.

Dennis

71 dtg Dubai
72 dtg Home for good!

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I enjoyed the experience. Brother hood or not bikers will help other bikers regardless of what make their on. These guys were cool. They appreciated the Rocket and its reputation. They complimented the bike several times. I just thought the whole thing was funny.
While at a restaurant an older man riding a Gwing was checking out the Rocket and asked me, in a strong cajun accent, how I like it. He looked the bike over methodically, told me that he once had 2 Harleys and shook his head like never again. He rode off on his Gwing playing true cajun music, in french. That was priceless.:D
The only reason that I even went to a HD store was my wife was looking for some boots that only HD carry. The main purpose of the trip was to get some boudin.:cool:

I recently rode my rocket to a anniversary event at a local Harley dealership, wearing my "hang on Baby this aint no harley" T-shirt. One of the salesmen immediately approached me and asked me if I was ready to upgrade to a Harley. I laughed and walked away. thru out the day I heard many grumbles and comments regarding my shirt
ok ok maybe I was being a tad bit disrespectful! :D

I recently rode my rocket to a anniversary event at a local Harley dealership, wearing my "hang on Baby this aint no harley" T-shirt. One of the salesmen immediately approached me and asked me if I was ready to upgrade to a Harley. I laughed and walked away. thru out the day I heard many grumbles and comments regarding my shirt
ok ok maybe I was being a tad bit disrespectful! :D
Nah, just being honest.

Back