Harley Guys Wave at Me Now

rocketeer

.020 Over
I just bought my Rocket a couple of weeks ago and noticed I get waves from Harley riders. (Many are enthusiastic waves.) Mile High Harley here in Denver was celebrating its seven year anniversay yesterday, so the streets were filled with packs/herds of them. As we passed, nearly everybody waved.

This is new to me. I rode a BMW before, and I would say at least half of the Harley guys ignored me even though I waved at them first.:mad: I am a friendly rider who waves at nearly anyone on two wheels, even the occasional scooter.

Harley enthusiasts, in general, are the biggest snobs I have ever known. Are they waving because they think I am one of them? Or do they just wave at anything that looks like a cruiser?

Last edited:
They probably think you're on the new Dyna Fat Bob that copies the naked twin headlight look of the Triumphs.

Then again, there doesn't seem to be the same animosity towards Brit bikes that Harlely riders have for the Japanese.

Oldpm

I'm inclined to agree that they are waving at a cruiser. I find it difficult to recognize what sort (flavor) of cruiser it is when they're headed the opposite direction. Unless it's a RocketIII of course. The notorious "1%er" HD riders still remain (imho) least likely to wave unless it's to their personal acquaintances ;)That could be a good thing:D But, you might be surprised at how many of those 1%ers are the first to stop and lend help when you're broke down; whether that be for a ****** rocket or Whizzer.

I do notice on thing though,

I do notice I do get more waves from thr HD crowed when i am not wereing my full face helmet. I think they just see a cruiser and when they see just a dew rag they assume your on a HD they wave before they relize what your on.

Harley riders around here are way too cool to wave at the peasants. Not all of them are that way, but most. I think the ones that wave can still remember the day when they had not achieved god like statis. After all they now "stand out from the masses" as the Harley ad states.

Mann

Harley riders around here are way too cool to wave at the peasants. Not all of them are that way, but most. I think the ones that wave can still remember the day when they had not achieved god like statis. After all they now "stand out from the masses" as the Harley ad states.

And here I thought HD riders stood out because they were standing on the side of the road starring down at there bikes scratching there heads.:D

Back