Harley Guys Wave at Me Now

I wave first (mostly to see if the H-D guys will wave back). I wave at sport bikers who never wave back, cruisers who always wave back, and H-D'ers who occassionally wave when they think I'm on that new twin headlight model they got. Dew rag or full face doesn't seem to matter except to the H-D guys, with a dew rag on they'll wave back. Strange world ain't it?

The HD guys generally wave because what they see coming towards them is a monster compared to the little dinks they're riding. I haven't noticed if there's a full helmet effect since I only wear them in cold weather.

I always wave at sport bikes and they wave back. Even scooters.

I live in central TX. Not sure why, but when I bought my Rock a couple of years ago, I could rarely get waves from the sportbike crowd. And Harley riders...forget about it!

Within 6 months of riding around these roads, the sportbikers wave all the time! The Harley guys are about 75%.

I'm wondering if getting waved at has to do with me wearing a full face helmet? Maybe the sportbikers dig that since a lot of them do it? Maybe my posture changed to a more relaxed attitude? I was a bit tense when first riding this big ol' beast! lol

I wave at everybody. If they don't wave back, I hope they're not waving back because they're snobs and not because they're not paying attention to what's around them.

I try to wave at everyone, but with the traffic around here it's not always a good idea to let yourself get too distracted. However, in this area it seems that about 75% of the HD guys will wave and about 10% of the sport bike guys wave.

Ok, I just got my R3 today...drove it about 100 miles, and got a wave from every person I saw...even the HD guys. That is until I pulled into a HD dealership parking lot. Have been there many times and was needing some goggles. It was funny to watch the guys standing around trying to look at the R3 without letting the others know they were looking, lol. I politely parked a little away from "Harley Row" and walked in. Once I was out of site, I watched through the window as a couple of guys walked over to check it out. It was funny, they looked and pointed and then would look back at their bikes. When I came back out, I actually got some "what's up, man" and a couple of questions. Turned out real nice, lol.

Three here.........

Interestingly, when I'm riding the R3, almost everyone either waves or lifts a hand on the hand grip as I pass.

When I'm on the Bonnie/Sidecar outfit, I don't get too many waves, instead they turn and look and when it's parked somewhere it always gets a crowd of gawkers and a couple old timers who start reminiscing about the 'old days' and when they had a sidecar and all that ****te.

When I ride the KLR, no one waves or even notices except when I stop somewhere and then it's usually a girl and she always comments on how nice the bike looks. Guys want to know what it cost and above all, the fuel mileage. On the road with the KLR....nuth'in.

Back