Harley Dealer offering retail on trade.

40mmrrsmith

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
I stopped by a Harley dealer 2 days ago just looking around. Ran into a Triumph/Ducati Salesman that I had previously;spoke to about selling my Thunderbird (Outright no trade). He was now working at HD. So here's the deal. They will write me a check $9,000 for the 'BIRD if I finance a bike. I'm not looking for a bike, like HD but don't want one enough to pay for it. Especially when you add that 9000 back into the sale of the new one. He says no we will make you a good deal on whatever bike you want even a used one. Example a $14k used (looked like a Street Glide?) I can finance and keep the check or use the 9k and finance the difference. I started thinking buy the Harley and take advantage of that resale value:D What do think about that deal? I think it would be good if I wanted a Harley.

I dunno if the mothership in Wisconsin is participating, but HD dealers are selling parts I am sure, but precious few heavy bikes. If a dealer will offer you plenty dosh to trade he means business one way or the other. I suspect they will not lose money though and if you can make it work in your own mind you could come out in pretty good shape for decent piece of iron. Really when you see what competing heavy cruisers cost, and what Harley hopes to get...well, something had to give. I think Indian will be giving big trade numbers too if they aren't already. That's how they give you a serious deal when they can't really discount what you buy. Just give you more trade...it all boils down to the bottom line. I would not get rid of my Rocket but if they paid it off, and got me on new with warranty for the same payment...it would require some thought. But no....I am working on a Sportster for my nephew...that's plenty for now.

I stopped by a Harley dealer 2 days ago just looking around. Ran into a Triumph/Ducati Salesman that I had previously;spoke to about selling my Thunderbird (Outright no trade). He was now working at HD. So here's the deal. They will write me a check $9,000 for the 'BIRD if I finance a bike. I'm not looking for a bike, like HD but don't want one enough to pay for it. Especially when you add that 9000 back into the sale of the new one. He says no we will make you a good deal on whatever bike you want even a used one. Example a $14k used (looked like a Street Glide?) I can finance and keep the check or use the 9k and finance the difference. I started thinking buy the Harley and take advantage of that resale value:D What do think about that deal? I think it would be good if I wanted a Harley.
The local HD dealer is desperate to sell bikes the sales are way off the salesman said they a selling half the number of new bikes compared to last year and they are overloaded with used bikes so the value of the bikes has dropped dramatically they are alweays trying to sell me one .

Back