hard to start when range is ~30 miles or less

" Rockets, especially, handle ****"
An R3 is not a sport bike, if you want to scrap pegs in the twists you made the wrong choice. I've owned 3 HD's, the R3 out handles them all, along will being 150-200lbs lighter.

" Rockets, especially, handle ****"
An R3 is not a sport bike, if you want to scrap pegs in the twists you made the wrong choice. I've owned 3 HD's, the R3 out handles them all, along will being 150-200lbs lighter.
Well, although I'm not near fully wearing out the peg feelers on the newer model I do love the twisties and think it's a great bike for that riding style. Sport bikes will outperform you in the curves (we agree), but the Rocket does amazingly well and gives many he11 in those short straights - and then we can often call it even. It's not THE choice for twisties, but holds its own pretty darn well, especially considering the size of the beast.

Most of my riding is on twisty back roads, but I can also load it with camping gear and travel cross country, so it's my best of both worlds choice for a motorcycle, as was the Roadster.

Well, although I'm not near fully wearing out the peg feelers on the newer model I do love the twisties and think it's a great bike for that riding style. Sport bikes will outperform you in the curves (we agree), but the Rocket does amazingly well and gives many he11 in those short straights - and then we can often call it even. It's not THE choice for twisties, but holds its own pretty darn well, especially considering the size of the beast.

Most of my riding is on twisty back roads, but I can also load it with camping gear and travel cross country, so it's my best of both worlds choice for a motorcycle, as was the Roadster.
Take her on The Dragon man and enjoy!

if you like twisties and less traffic I would suggest making your way over to Arkansas. The state is full of great rides in the Ozark mountains and most are very good roads. Push Mountain Road is pretty well known as is The Pig Trail, Talimina Drive, and Eureka Springs area. In September one of the largest bike rallys, Bikes Blues and BBQ, is hosted across Northwest Arkansas. It used to just be in Fayetteville but it got wayyyy too big for one small northwest Arkansas town. Pre Covid the rally was drawing 300,000 to 400,000 participants each year. Post Covid the University where much of the main events took place has yet to renew the contract due to covid concerns so the 2023 rally will have the main events in Rogers, which is more central and has much more housing available. You can go to their website and get some ride maps for Arkansas routes.

if you like twisties and less traffic I would suggest making your way over to Arkansas. The state is full of great rides in the Ozark mountains and most are very good roads. Push Mountain Road is pretty well known as is The Pig Trail, Talimina Drive, and Eureka Springs area. In September one of the largest bike rallys, Bikes Blues and BBQ, is hosted across Northwest Arkansas. It used to just be in Fayetteville but it got wayyyy too big for one small northwest Arkansas town. Pre Covid the rally was drawing 300,000 to 400,000 participants each year. Post Covid the University where much of the main events took place has yet to renew the contract due to covid concerns so the 2023 rally will have the main events in Rogers, which is more central and has much more housing available. You can go to their website and get some ride maps for Arkansas routes.
Sounds like I need to add that to my bucket list. Maybe this summer. If you've not been out our way you should check it out. Yeah, The Dragon can be extremely busy (especially weekends), but there are so many other great rides where you won't see a soul.
It is him and he can ride.

That's a high compliment- thank you. Folks in our region will tell you- keeping up with @Dr.D or his wife, Sandy, is no small feat. Be ready to drag pegs.

Back