Group buy shockies

G,day Hellfire, you mean the piggyback YSS ? FOURNALES are even worse, $1,800 for the top of the line Magnums ( I've really enjoyed reading your posts in the couple of years i've been lurking on this site... you're just about cheeky enough to be an Australian .... ha ha ha!!!!!!!
If you mean that my relatives were probably criminals... Yes, yes I think you hit that one. LOL

I love those shocks ... Think they would let me test drive a set for a year or so?

for what it is worth I have Fournales and Love them they suit my purpose and riding style, they are a firm ride because I keep the presure up a bit to get a better ride height, they dont fade and believe me they got a good work out today, yes they are expensive but I was lucky enought to get mine second hand for a steal($400) with my financal resources I otherwise would have had to buy something cheaper. In saying that but if money was no object I would buy the Fournale and probally go 10 mm over size in lenght which Brenard the Frog(Australian authorised importer, Tomcat if you are sourceing them from someone else check price with the "Frog" if you need his contact details PM me he quoted me $1,500 about 7mths ago) who sells them here in Oz told me is possible. Just ask CanberraR3 what sort of pace we were doing up the Cylde today and they never looked like fadding also they are very easy to adjust they just need a Hi Pressure Mtn bike shock pump it is lot cheaper than the one offered by Fournales and is small enought to carry under the seat.

I thought I would look up this thread because Canberra R3 happen to mention he was thinking about them and as I said I love them, it all comes down to how much you can spend!! :rolleyes:

so the Fournales are pneumatic? I was under the impression they were just air adjustable springs. That's pretty cool. Pneumatics are prone to fading under harsh conditions because of heating, you know your ****. I've experienced nitrogen Pneumatics on dune buggies before and they worked great on the dunes but horrible on rough terrain. Never tried a bike with them before, bet the ride is nice.

If you had access to nitrogen and used it to fill your shocks, they would probably work even better. But the downside is that you can't just pull over and make the changes like you can with an air pump.
I've never heard the "frog" term before, what's that? A schrader valve or something"

Very cool addition to your bike, I'm envious.

yeah and they look awesome too, all chrome ribbed and yes at a lower pressure the ride is very smooth there is no spring to bottom out there fore even the biggest bump doesnt give you a kick in the arse, air can not be completely compress to nothing. I run them at 220 psi which is quite firm but only get about an half an inch of sag and give a good ride height:)

The "Frog" is Bertrand Cadart's nick name he lives down in Tassie and imports the Fournales into Australia from the country of manufacture France and yes he is french and a very nice easy going guy who also happens to be the Lord Mayor of Bicheno, down in Tassie. He can be contacted on 03 6375 1666 in Australia or international callers +61 3 6375 1666 a very informative man

With such a small volume of air in them, does the sag change after a long ride over rough roads? Supposedly, if you used a nitrogen charge in them you could increase the initial "sag" and still have good rebound due to the larger molecules in the gas. I'm no expert in the field, it's just what I've picked up from them.

Nitrogen has gotten really popular around here for tires. Costco actually fills every tire they mount with Nitrogen, other places charge extra but offer it as an option. I think it caught on here from Nascar, they of course use it in tires so the pressure doesn't change with temp. The wifes Mercedes has Nitrogen from Costco and I took the ugly green valve stem caps off of course. When she has the car serviced at the local dealer they try to sell her pressure adjustment with Nitrogen for $10 a tire. I told them to leave the tires alone, just do what I told you to do. (I'm too old and it's too cold to lay on the concrete to change 9 quarts of oil)

With such a small volume of air in them, does the sag change after a long ride over rough roads? Supposedly, if you used a nitrogen charge in them you could increase the initial "sag" and still have good rebound due to the larger molecules in the gas. I'm no expert in the field, it's just what I've picked up from them.
the Frog would be the man to ask, I'm sorry but I don't know why they don't use nitrogen except I think it would be hard pump up and let down at will and I haven't noticed any sag even when I spent 10 hours in the saddle towing my camper in some extreme heat back in October traveling at speed on some awefull bumpy backroads in the Western part of New South Wales from Bathurst to Bendigo in Victoria

the Frog would be the man to ask, I'm sorry but I don't know why they don't use nitrogen except I think it would be hard pump up and let down at will and I haven't noticed any sag even when I spent 10 hours in the saddle towing my camper in some extreme heat back in October traveling at speed on some awefull bumpy backroads in the Western part of New South Wales from Bathurst to Bendigo in Victoria
Oh, the frog is a guy .... **** I'm dumb. On the railroad it's the X part of the rail in a crossover, I thought it was something on the shock you were referring too.

Back