.040 Over
Ride
Triumph R3 Touring
Wat type of gps do you use

Tell me about it

Got a picture of mounting on your R3?

thx

Hi Vic,
I have a Garmin Quest 2. I really like it. Does all I need on the road, speed, direction, directions if i need them, odometer, time, and on it goes. Click for bigger picture.

I have got the Garmin 2620 , used it on only one tour so far , 10 days around France , Italy and Switzerland . And it was brilliant .
The only time I looked at a map was in the evening to decide where to head to next , and the gps did the rest , program the type of roads you want and it finds the route , miss a turn and it recalculates .Europe maps are all there in its memory . Also it can find nearest hotels , petrol(handy for you Vic :lol: ) and food etc .

No pictures on the bike as I put it in the top of my tankbag . Next year i will have a bracket and also have it linked into the intercom that I have just bought .

Do a search on the forum, i think there was an earlier topic on GPS well discussed here. I myself use a Garmin Streetpilot 2620 mounted with a RAM mount. Nice unit but gets kind of fuzzy at very high speed accelerations(read above 100mph). Its been of lot of help to me on the longer hauls esp in finding places to stay,eat and gas pumps on route.

Yes - echo Daman - I have a Street Pilot with a Ram mount.

One of the best features is that it not only tells you where you intend to go, it will download where you have actually been - very good if you're finding a new route and its alternatives ...

Another good feature i just remembered is the detour, if you see a traffic jam up ahead or its taking you through a city, you can specify detour for however many miles along the route and it would take an alternate route to avoid the existing route for that many miles.

a RAM mount??

Thus it come of the bike when your not using the gps??

I don't want a ugly holder on the bike permanently

Link Removed

You are left with just the ball of a ball and socket joint - unobtrusive - secured with U-bolt. I have seen other more expensive mounts which are very ugly and not as flexible...

:)

Very interesting, They got a dealer in Belgium :)

Guess you got the chrome u-bolt one?? 8)
Seems the ball is always black

Back