Good God Gerdy - Valve adj. $232

Flip

U got a nuke commin at you, make sure you take time for spell ck..I can't spell because I had a secreary for 30 yrs and now I don't..Her3tic I was retired because of my attitude..Told them I wanted to smack a nuke with a sledge hammer and they offered me a deal..I took It and ran..Now Flip pays my food bill...Lets hear It for flip..YAAAA YAAAA YAAA Flip for president..BJC

Did the one dropped on the sub have nukes on It???

As far as I know, yes, so did the one that had the ladder through the nose cone.

Not sure what the recent spill was about though, information is limited as I hear things second hand from contacts I have out there.

Holy shet..Thats scary. Nuke sub with nuke wepons even scares me. A nuke yield Is almost impossible due to all the safe guards though..Notice I said almost..but just the non nuke fire and explosion would be impressive..Not Funny BJC

Well, that was the big fear is once it blows, where do all the bits go?

In reality, a "dirty bomb" isn't much of a threat but public perception of that event would cause damage for centuries.

The scary thing is, the 3 events that I know of have all happened within a 2 year period. I'm sure there are other events that I didn't hear about and I'm sure they've happened in other locations but it's not the kind of place where you want to see a sign like:

Sometimes I'd like to be ignored. I start out providing a pertinent insight into the sorry cost of a value adjustment and it degrades to nuclear accident free days. Thanks BJ for making an important input that sucked the steam right out of my sail:(

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't pay that!!!

My 10k valve adjustment was due, and since the dealer was fixing the :(beer can rattle, I agreed that the valve adjustment could be done. Well, the top was off and it was just sitting there for 3 weeks, why not? Inflation can be huge, even if the dollar has sunk to an all time low, but 2.8 hours to slip a feeler gage in and out. I know, that's as clear as mud:D I was being charged for the entire alloted time but thankfully I'd been quoted for only an hour, 2 weeks before. Maybe I look too humble? Point is: just for a valve adjustment plan on the equivalent of one day's paycheck.

Okay Rocky: I'll bring it to a head just like a pimple on my butt.

In the grand scheme of things with oil at 10 bucks a quart and diesel fuel over $3.10 a gallon and a postage stamp at 41 cents, did you pay too much? NOPE.

Last edited:
IT SURE AS **** IS!!! They didn't do an hour's worth of work but that blue book bible, written by the Union, says that task will PAY so many hours. I bartered to have the "check done", That takes 15 minutes max (I could do it in 10 minutes if I were faced with an engine with the top off). Honesty IS the best policy!

If I tell you it takes 3 hours to mow your lawn but get it done it 10 minutes do you owe me for three hours of work?? You sure will if the Grass Cutters Union is behind the thievery.

If I had a service for $1 per year and you never used it could I fairly charge you for it regardless. The FCC, thank you AlGore, is stickin it to me again with the 911 charges. :eek: Degrading only slightly:D

Back