No had stock grips on then bought some Chinese cheapies just to see what they looked like.

Left side went on but right side had the tricky throttle tube
Get the ones through @CanberraR3 they have the throttle tube in them already, they are not Kuryakyn but still good

I have never liked those ugly a$$ ISO's grips.... they a) look like they came straight off a Harley b) look hideous c) look hideous

I have never liked those ugly a$$ ISO's grips.... they a) look like they came straight off a Harley b) look hideous c) look hideous

Despite how they might look....they keep yer hand from going numb after twelve hours. Cushy!

I was reading reviews on amazon. They mention 1 grip is 1" and the other is 7/8" is this what we want or would I need to order two pairs?

Do not get those they are actually for 22mm (7/8") standard bars as found on sport bikes etc. The reason one is 25.4mm ( 1") is it has to fit over those bikes throttle tube. You will find the correct ones are just called 1" and the throttle side RH one will actually be bigger than 1" if it does not have the throttle tube already inside it. With versions that do not have the throttle tube you can remove the plastic throttle tube with the 2 throttle cable holders from the stock R3 ones to re-use. To do this you MAY be able to lubricate and slide it off but most just carefully cut the old R3 rubber off of it. You will probably have to re-adjust your throttle cables afterwards and it is essential this is done correctly, one is a pull cable and the other a push cable.

Why?
They will fit on the OEM throttle.
Because they don't have the flipper things which make the grip squarish. I could grind them off but I'd rather have the aluminum. That and I think aluminum would work better with Heat Demons.

I was reading reviews on amazon. They mention 1 grip is 1" and the other is 7/8" is this what we want or would I need to order two pairs?

All Rockets are 1 inch bars, hense 1" grips be needed.
You will need to cut the OEM throttle grip off the plastic throttle body. The Biltwell Wil then easily slip on. My clutch side required a tad bit od glue to hold firm.

Because they don't have the flipper things which make the grip squarish. I could grind them off but I'd rather have the aluminum. That and I think aluminum would work better with Heat Demons.

Norm,
I be unaware of these "flipper things". Do you have a part number? :D
FWIW - My grips are not square; however, an aluminum throttle, if designed with the proper twist ratio, would be more durable than plastic/nylon. :thumbsup:

Norm,
I be unaware of these "flipper things". Do you have a part number? :D
FWIW - My grips are not square; however, an aluminum throttle, if designed with the proper twist ratio, would be more durable than plastic/nylon. :thumbsup:
These things
Screenshot_20171122-135217.png

Back