Gel pad install.

Thanks for the "how-to" - very well done.

Down here in Florida, one of the problems with gel saddles is the fact that the gel heats up like crazy in the sun - making the saddle almost unsittable. Do you think the sculpting foam will sufficiently insulate the gel from that?

I'd probably double the layer of sculpting foam. Cutting about 1/2" deeper.

If you cutt out the original foam better than I did you could try it and if you found it didn't work you could glue the original back in. I was not that nice to mine.

I have yet to get it out on a hot and sunny day here. If I found that an issue I was prepared to buy and use the Alaskan leather. Working graveyards and having young mini-me's takes up the majority of my time.

Thanks for the "how-to" - very well done.

Down here in Florida, one of the problems with gel saddles is the fact that the gel heats up like crazy in the sun - making the saddle almost unsittable. Do you think the sculpting foam will sufficiently insulate the gel from that?

I picked up the solo Triumph seat and immediately had http://www.alligatorbob.com/propad.htm/ put in a pro pad. This is not a gel pad. I my opinion it is superior to gel. I just tested it on a 2700 mile jaunt and am very satisfied. I am a big person at 280 and my bike seats need some extra padding. My Ultimate Seat was pretty good on the Valkyrie stock and only needed new foam rebuild after 8 years. This seat is not available for the Touring. On this last trip, some difficulties boiled down to clothing. Even the belt loops caused pressure points of uncomfortable riding. Made some adjustment there to take that issue away. I find those long tight boxer shorts without seams is the best for comfort on those 650 mile days.

Back