Gel pad install.

chevmech1969

.040 Over
Ride
06 Triple K&N's, TORS 141/145 Rw ALL BEEF NO PORK
Well, Ive been unhappy with the triumph seat since i rode it. My butt needed something different for me to be happier riding longer. If i had the money i would have sprung for the corbin. but Im a cheapsake. lol. so i bought a large gel pad and sculpting foam, and smoothing foam off of Ebay, of course.

I finally got the courage to otherwise destroy the seat if it didnt work out.
First obviously is to remove the seat from the bike,

second i removed the drivers backrest, and the passanger grip strap. then with a flat screwdriver i removed all the staples. I had to remove the air ducting for the factory filter (No longer needed though).

Then I went and drew a centerline down the seat. then mocked up the gel pad. i found the best idea i had was to put it back on the bike and outline my butt. you can see the various confusion for awhile. I was attempting to have enough gel to cut it and use some for the passanger seat. I have decided to order another get pad for the passanger and install it with less time and confusion that i had the first go around.

I then cutt the outline with a regular box cutter. I then took some windsheild wire and cut the foam section out. I WILL NOT USE WIRE AGAIN It cut too deep at the end. I would have just used the very sharp kitchen knife i did to correct a few misscuts. I super77 glued the misshappend peices back on. then used my air die grinder with sandpaper pad on it to smooth it. I cut it deep enough to leave 1/8 bellow the surface.

I then covered the gel pad with sculpting foam also using super 77 glue and cut and trimed it to not be too absurvant.

I then covered the entire seat with smoothing foam also glueing with super 77

Then i recovered and restapled the factory cover over it all and assembled the backrests and such. stretching it really hurts the hands afterawhile
Finished

I can already feel a difference intown. ill let you guys know the long term effect when i get a chance to stretch the legs

Jesus!
I felt like I was watching a cross between Silence of the lambs and a boob job! :eek:

Other than that, nice job!

Definatly felt like silence of the lambs when I was carving the foam. No turning back.

Very nice job, I did the same. It makes a difference but I'm still finding on a long trip there needs to be more support so this fall I'll be springing for the Russel day long.

Wow that's a hell of a job.
What was the price difference in the end?
The kit I bought off eBay was about $110.

I haven't made more than 100 miles on it in one sitting since I put it in. But before around 60-70miles I'd be doing the butt shuffle. Never felt like I needed too yet

I'm thinking of getting an Alaskan fur to wrap it in. My uncle swears by his

Great going to look up the fur wrap now. Not sure I'd have the skill to do what you did...

The kit I bought off eBay was about $110.

I haven't made more than 100 miles on it in one sitting since I put it in. But before around 60-70miles I'd be doing the butt shuffle. Never felt like I needed too yet

I'm thinking of getting an Alaskan fur to wrap it in. My uncle swears by his[/QUOTGreats

Back