Gawd (y)- who would buy that?

@Ishrub If your looking for a name for this one I would vote for TOAD as in Cane Toad
220px-Young_Bufo_marinus.jpg

It sure suits it currently with that crusty forehead and all those warty bits and pieces! ;):D:cool::roll::roll::roll::roll:

'The Flamin Toad' is born.:eek:

Hi Pete,

Soon as I saw this post just now Thursday (yeah I know I'm slow it's in my name) I new that you would be going to buy it.

And that you had nearly enough parts in the cave to get it to look bit nicer.

I hope you managed to get it for a better price.

Cheers Chris

They old saying goes that the camera never lies! Either it has this time or you have much better equipment and knowledge than the seller. Would still look good out on a Saturday night though :whitstling::whitstling:

They old saying goes that the camera never lies! Either it has this time or you have much better equipment and knowledge than the seller. Would still look good out on a Saturday night though :whitstling::whitstling:

Well the parts are not a problem. ;):D

Chrome sidecovers and some Compound W for starters!;):eek:

6296_z.jpg

Last edited:
@Mittzy do you have time to exchange all the bits from your write off bike and ship that to Pete. Lol. 5hats one way of getting around your Silly laws. ;);)

@Mittzy do you have time to exchange all the bits from your write off bike and ship that to Pete. Lol. 5hats one way of getting around your Silly laws. ;);)
That would be easy to do - but then I would be left with a non complete bike and a pile of rubbish

I already have 2 complete sets of Phantom Black guards, side-covers and tanks, and a few bits of others;):D:cool:

BUT

I like the flames - just the 'warts' need removing.

Remove:
  • Warty leather bits and other spiky and red anodised encrustations on radiator etc
  • Front fork shields and de-'jewel' or replace with stock
  • Sidecovers
  • Hopefully the 'Angry Duck' (transfer?) on front guard
  • Seats, especially pillion, maybe re-color the rider's seat
  • Maybe indicators
  • Headlights
  • Tone down some weirdness
  • Exhaust system
  • Pillion pegs

Add:
  • A set of Rebrand headers with a CES custom exhaust ex @Mittzy that arrived in my shed after a convoluted history of owners.
  • RamAir
  • Corbin Solo studded
  • Corbin Backrest
  • Rear Rack for Corbin seat stems
  • R3 early Std series high mount foot-boards and brake/gear shifter
  • LED headlights
  • Fehling 38mm front crash bar & maybe h'way pegs.
  • Rear bars - maybe
  • Clear OEM 'Sports Fly-screen' or none.
  • Chrome sidecovers

Then it could get crazy in the long term, as I also have:
  • A stock head and valves to have worked on locally
  • A Barnett Clutch kit
  • A set of stock cams to be re-ground and suitable specs
  • New cam chain, guides and crank-end gear
  • APE adjustable cams gears
  • A complete engine gasket kit
  • 10.5:1 forged pistons
  • Nev's manual cam tensioner
  • Dynojet POD-300, PCV and AT200 with Ignition Module if required.

Back