Gas Tank Cap Locked Solid

graphite powder dry lube that does'nt attract dirt and crap.

I just spray my key with WD-40 once a month seems to do the trick though

Can vouch for CLP, I use it to lube all my cables and pivot points - makes them silky smooth.

My last employment was at a air gun manufacturer, CLP was the only lube that could prevent galling between two vital components and we tried just about everything out there - one single application lasts and lasts, still using it after 20+ years.

I agree, CLP works magic on lots of things and if you wipe off the excess it does not attrack dust, it just leaves a slick teflon coating.

It was actually developed for the military to make the M-16 more reliable. I use it on all my guns too.

Hey Bud Hows the weather out there? I think were a little milder this year. let me know if your coming into town come springs will get to that river riding:D

Scott, I was just thinking about you, wondering how your recovery is going.

Weather is great out here. 66 today and has been nice all week.

My bike is in IL and I am planning a trip home to pick it up April 5th. We definitely need to do that River Road ride. If all goes right I'll have two weeks off starting the 5th.

I do plan to look at a 5th wheel camper / toy hauler that is a repo at a bank. If I can buy it right I'll have funds left over for some Carpenter stuff. I did decide to put off the new paint this winter and do some Carpenter mods first. I do have the KN triple filters to install but I am thinking I will wind up with a Piper set up. I have some ideas on that.

I'm really missing the bike, would have been on it three weeks ago out here. When I was home last Thanksgiving my son came back out here with me and I didn't have room for the bike and the stuff he needed to move.

I use Break-Free CLP gun oil. It has a teflon in it and a few drops will last all year. Just a couple drops in the spring and both locks turn like new all year long.

Being in the military, CLP is a blessing. You are indeed correct a couple of drops will do. The Teflon works magic.

I had the lock smith remove the internals on my standard's gas cap so any key will work. I had him re-key my Roadster so the ignition key will work. Nominal fee for much more convenience. (Still need to re-key the seat, though.)

Back